PDA

View Full Version : The can't speak cough!

countrygirl
03-11-10, 21:33
I really hate this - cold and sore throat and then at least a week or more of terrible coughing fits from my throat and I find it almost impossible to talk for more than about 30 seconds without it triggering the coughing attack- my voice is hoarse as well so assume it a cough from irritated vocal cords. If I whisper I am much better but can't have a conversation in a whisper.
This happens every time I get a cold virus and every time I have been to Drs they say my lungs are fine and nothing they can do.
Just wanted a moan as I can at least type without it triggering a coughing attack oh and the lack of sleep is not good as you cough yourself inside out as soon as you lay down:mad::mad::mad:

paula lynne
03-11-10, 21:42
Hi Countrygirl, sorry your still ill, lots going around at the mo....:weep:

Have you tried Covonia...really strong and helps throat/upper respiritory tract x

Good better soon x:)

margaret jones
03-11-10, 21:44
Poor you so miserable to have a irritable cough lack of sleep and not being able to shout at anyone :doh: Hope you soon feel better have a :bighug1: xx

daybyday
03-11-10, 21:48
Hope you find something to sooth that cough and get some rest.

I have a cold thing now for a month.

JavaJoy01
04-11-10, 02:05
Got it now had for two weeks. Chest stomach back etc all hurt. Nothing is working not even the codeine syrup.