PDA

View Full Version : Thank you citalopram!!!!! X

bexy1970
04-11-10, 09:30
HI, JUST WANT TO POP ON QUICKLY AND SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO THESE MEDS!!! I WAS SO NERVOUS OF STARTING THEM AFTER BEING ON ZISPIN FOR YEARS,DECIDED TO SWAP AS MY HA AND ANX WAS JUST AS BAD AS ALWAYS HAS BEEN!!!NEWAY AFTER A FEW WEEKS OF IFFY SIDE EFFECTS,HEADACHES,NAUSEA,RUNS!!(ALL LIVEABLE WITH THO) CIT HAVE LITERALLY HELPED ME BE MY OLD SELF AGAIN AND EVERYONES NOTICING!! SO PLEASE IF YOUR STARTING THEM AND SCARED..PLEEEZZEE PERSEVERE XXX:yesyes:

heavenly
04-11-10, 09:38
What a hopeful post. I am on day 7 and have had anxiety every day, I pray for that day when they kick in! So happy for you! xxx

happycamper
04-11-10, 09:39
Hi Bexy,
I totally agree with you there - since starting cit in June I've not had any of the debilitating anxiety etc that I'd lived with the previous 3 years, feel at an even keel now and it's sooo much nicer to be...
Clare X

bexy1970
04-11-10, 09:39
Keep at them!! I started on ten and worked up slowly xxx

paulst
04-11-10, 10:13
Well done Bexy, im really pleased for you:)

jen1983
04-11-10, 10:33
You have just made my day hun thank you, i have been on 10mg for 10days then upped it to 20mg so tonight will be my 23rd tab..... i am havin a rough time at the mo, constant panics, anxiety, vivid dreams u name it i got it..... i was thinking of givin up on them, but you have changed my mind, how long have u been on urs for ???

heavenly
04-11-10, 11:21
Keep at them!! I started on ten and worked up slowly xxx

I was prescribed 20mg so started on that dose, I had thought about breaking them in half, to ease the side effects in, but my pharmacist said I could do that, but they would take twice as long to work, so I bit the bullet! Its been a tough 7 days.

JT69
04-11-10, 14:00
Hi Bexy,

Lovely positive post...lovely to read and an encouragement to others. Thanks for posting that.

Hope it continues for you.

Jo.xx

carla g
04-11-10, 14:33
hi bexy i wos just wonderin when the tabs do kick in how are we ment to feel do they take everything away or do they just lessen them im on day 9 and still feeling down and spaced out how long wos it untill all yyour side effects had gone?x

bexy1970
04-11-10, 15:28
hiya thanks for all the replies!! we hear so many bad things(side effecte etc!!i wanted to say something posotive!!, jen ive been on them for 3 months now, it was a struggle at first but im sooo glad i persevered!!!! x

sprigofmint
04-11-10, 15:44
Hi Bexy, I,ve been on 20mg Cit for 8weeks , feeling better but still get bad mornings waking up at 4.30 every day. Saw doc yesterday and he upped my dose to 30mg. havent started yet feel a bit uncertain dont want side effects again.
How are your mornings after 3mths. What dose are you on ? would rather stay on 20mg for a bit longer see if mornings improve. What do you think.

Love Christine xx

madcyril1975
04-11-10, 15:49
Hiya folks - new poster here (just signed up)!

Over the last few years I've been on Citalopram on two occasions and found it to be very helpful. It did take a while to kick in but i was aware this would be the case. After a 12 month period (both times) i came off them gradually over a couple of months from 20mg to 10mg, then three days one and one off, sort of thing.

I have to say that it did help but obviously it isn't going to cure everything. A decent routine, diet and exercise is definitely the way to help towards a recovery, and although I'm not quite there yet, these tablets were fantastic in helping level me out and help me focus and remember all the good things i had going on.

They helped me and I'm sure they will help you too. As someone mentioned.... PERSEVERE! lol

flubby
04-11-10, 16:19
Great thread guys! Just the sort of inspiration I need right now... So glad to hear about ppl having some positive results! *hugs*

bexy1970
04-11-10, 20:37
hiya, i still wake up early hours!!! but afta being so zonked out on zispin i dont mind, coz drop off eventually!! and have to be up at 7 for work!!! but at end of day, i still get that slight morning feeling but nothing like i used too!!!i start to worry about something but ive now got that!! f**k it feeling!! stead of it ruining my whole day!! i havnt taken a valium for weeks!!!! they used to be my best freind!! thats how i know cits are doing soooo well xx

ann01
04-11-10, 20:38
That's fantastic Bexy, so pleased for you.

bexy1970
04-11-10, 20:42
thanks ann xx

bexy1970
04-11-10, 21:02
just want to get this off my chest too, i gave up smoking 3 yrs ago, due to severe health anx! and since splitting up with ny partner 14 months ago ive not slept with neone,worrying bout aids,disease, recopussions with exs etc!!! and i used to be so confident!!! but hey not that id ever start again properly ive had the odd fag on a nte out!!!(without thinking im gonna die!!!!)and i did the doo last fri!!!! and just woke up happy!!!!!! im just so getting back to the old becca, and i owe it to these meds xxxx

DONTGIVEUP
04-11-10, 21:16
Iv been taking citaolpram for 3 weeks now first week was fine on 10mg then moved up to 20mg second week felt extremely lethargic, sick, head spins, lack of concentration, short term memory loss, mood swings, loss of sex drive, so decided to move back down to 10mg. I know 20mg Is the recomended dose but has anyone had any benefits from 10mg?

Glad to see you have had good results from Citalopram, Its nice to read a positive story on here.

bexy1970
04-11-10, 21:17
ps that came out wrong!!! id never ever start smoking again, just wanted to point that ok i cocked up and had a couple without totally freaking out that those couple were gonna kill me!!!! xxx

mandie
04-11-10, 21:57
Hi Dontgive up

I am on citalopram again, having taken them a few years ago also. I take 10mg and its enough to make a big difference for me

mandie x

Stig
04-11-10, 22:51
have been on these for 11 years now. Without them i would not have achieved the things i have! I say THANK YOU too!

NataLie23
04-11-10, 23:03
8 wks on 10 mg cit no change no sideeffects 1 wk on 20 mg and feeling worse :( . I will preserve tho reading these :) Xxnatxx

RichW
05-11-10, 03:03
I'm a believer too, it works, no question - don't give up just stick with it.

Cheers

Rich

DONTGIVEUP
05-11-10, 07:13
Thanks Mandie

I know its still early days for me but think I will stick to 10mg for now then maybe move up to 15 mg in a months time see how that goes. x

bexy1970
05-11-10, 09:21
its so nice to here all the posotive effects!!!! i dont think we hear all that many, as to be honest i think people come on here less when theyre better!!! thats why i posted this yesterday, to let newbies to cit see the benefits xx

heavenly
05-11-10, 09:22
Day 7 on 20mg and still no appetite, anyone else on Cit lost their appetite to begin with?

happycamper
05-11-10, 10:33
Yes I too lost my appetite initially, similarly to when you're anxious I guess, but it didn't last long and now loving my food again - partly becuase I'm so much less anxious also, better watch the waistline now!

heavenly
05-11-10, 10:41
Yes I too lost my appetite initially, similarly to when you're anxious I guess, but it didn't last long and now loving my food again - partly becuase I'm so much less anxious also, better watch the waistline now!

I have lost 5lbs in the past week since starting Cit, so yes, although nice, in one way, to be down to a size 10, but I would rather have a healthy appetite again. Just have to be patient I suppose!

carla g
05-11-10, 10:52
have you tryd eating little meals every few hours even if its just a bite full i wos the same but im not to bad now i find that im not hungrey all day but when i eat something i feel like i could go threw the whole fridge lol x

heavenly
05-11-10, 11:00
have you tryd eating little meals every few hours even if its just a bite full i wos the same but im not to bad now i find that im not hungrey all day but when i eat something i feel like i could go threw the whole fridge lol x

I have had no appetite for over a week, but I make myself have a banana at breakfast, take a yoghurt into work, and other half has been cooking dinner this past week as I haven't felt up to it the past week so I just have a small portion of whatever he is cooking, its such an effort to eat at the mo!

carla g
05-11-10, 11:02
i no how u feel my doctor said it will pass and it did he said as long as i drink alot of water it should be k so iv been drinkin as mutch as i can takeing a bottel with me were ever i go x

heavenly
05-11-10, 11:03
i no how u feel my doctor said it will pass and it did he said as long as i drink alot of water it should be k so iv been drinkin as mutch as i can takeing a bottel with me were ever i go x

There is a water machine at work so I try and drink as much as I can. x

carla g
05-11-10, 11:07
have you only had this since startin the tabs i wos like this b4 so i put it down to the anxiety but it did come back in the first few days of takeing them x

heavenly
05-11-10, 11:12
have you only had this since startin the tabs i wos like this b4 so i put it down to the anxiety but it did come back in the first few days of takeing them x

Its a mix of the two probably, days when I feel anxious, I have no appetite. Since starting the Cit, I have felt anxious every day so have had no appetite for the past week. Soon as the Cit kicks in, and lessens the anxiety, then hopefully my appetite will return!

beaniepudblue
07-11-10, 11:27
hi thats good to hear hun, im on day 5 of taking mine, 20mg :) :) having a few side effects i think going to post about them but gona perservere anything is better than the extreme health anxiety thats overtaken my life for the last 2 months xxxxx