PDA

View Full Version : Alot better now

strawberry1756
04-11-10, 10:30
Hi I previously had severe Anxiety for a couple of months until I started taking citalopram which Ive been taking for nearly 2 years and in that time things have been going really well. I went back to work and I had a baby after 3 years of trying. My baby is 5 months old now and I feel great in regards to Anxiety I feel pretty much back to normal, I even feel better than I did before I had the breakdown because of the meds. I think Ive had anxiety all my life, but not as bad as those couple of months. I am still worried though that it will happen again especially if Itry and come off the meds, and now having a baby I was going to wait a couple of years before I try and come off them. Has anyone been the same and still feels ok? would be grateful for some advice x :flowers:.

ems43
04-11-10, 12:08
Hi, glad to hear you are feeling good and the meds have helped you. I think some of us do have an anxious personality and have to accept that we are more prone to being anxious and may have blips now and again ( I could not accept this for a long time and felt very angry when my therapist said it but once I accepted it things got a lot better). So I have had long standing anxiety that comes and goes, but I was on escitalopram a few years ago and came off them no probs and felt fine for well over a year, if not more. There is some research to say that pregnancy appears to have a positive impact on mental health ( even for people that suffer severe mental health problems like schizophrenia). I guess you could always see how you get on, then if you do feel your anxiety startign to creep back again you could ask to be referred to a local perintal motherhood and mental health team where you could see a psychiatrist who could prescribe anti d's that are safe to be used during pregnancy ( many are). By the sounds of it though, you are doing great and I'm sure you'll keep going! x