PDA

View Full Version : off work and feeling down.

andyjohn
04-11-10, 11:17
i have anxiety and panic attacks and can't seem to cope at the moment. what is annoying is that in the evenings i don't feel so bad at all and think "this is good i'm going to be fine" and then in the morning i wake up and the horrid panicky feelings take over again. i know i will be fine one day soon but this is so hard to cope with. at least i have very understanding wife friends and family, which is so good to know. i'm on citalopram and propanolol. this is the second time in my life that i've been here and i know i can beat it. we all can.

nomorepanic
04-11-10, 11:18
Hi andyjohn

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
04-11-10, 11:19
Welcome back Andyjohn x:)

samurayX
04-11-10, 12:41
It happens the same to me. In the morning I really suffer a lot. My problem is that I start to feel that Im not breathing enough air so I start to be very very anxius, I have not had a panick attack in two or three days but the mornings are painful. The afternoons are better but as Im starting with Citalopram, this is my second day, I have had some side effects what scare me.

Vanilla Sky
04-11-10, 12:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

lammylama
04-11-10, 12:47
If its any comfort to you im in the same boat as you...had a severe panic attack yesterday,first in years and im now off work too.....Im also feeling really low as i thought id seen the last of PA's....always suffered with anxiety but able to cope with and control it to a certain extent. It is so so hard to deal with and i really feel for you mate,we all just have to be strong and keep fighting it...we can all beat this and we will...remember that.

jen1983
04-11-10, 12:51
Hey

Firstly sorry you are feeling the way you do, i too am suffering the same, feel much better of a night time when i know the kids are in bed and im watching the telly, think its that that distracts me and knowing that my partner is home with me. I am on my 3rd week of citalopram and boy am i getting the side affects, i think its the tabs making us feel worse, but this is what happens before you get better.... if ever u need to chat just pm me or go into chat i live in there xxx

lammylama
04-11-10, 13:00
Im so the same as you Jen when it comes to my parner being at home....i find it so reasurring that my rock lol is here with me.....better than any meds for sure,wish i could take her to work with me !!!
Keep perservering with the tabs too,once the side effects go away you will find they will defo help you to get some normality back in your life!

Good luck x

paulst
04-11-10, 13:33
Hi andyjohn welcome to the forum, I understand what you are going through because the same thing has happened to me. I have also just started Citalopram. Look forward to more of your posts when you feel up to it.

cassie1975
04-11-10, 13:45
Sorry your feeling down, its hard i know!! this is the first time i have had anxiety and have been on citalopram for five weeks. Even though your feeling down your positive comments made me feel better, you said you had this before and beat it. Well done you and keep reminding yourself of this as will i thanks x

Abbo
04-11-10, 13:51
I really didn't like the side effects of citalopram so stopped after 2 20mg tablets but I still feel as bad nearly 48hrs after? Anyone know how long until they are out of your system?

JT69
04-11-10, 13:58
Hi andyjohn,

Welcome to NMP!! As you said you have been here before and got over it so you will again.

I suffer alot in the mornings when I am going through one of my "blips " as I call them....you cannot believe as the day wears on and it fades away that you could of possibly felt the way you did when you woke up!! My counseller told me its something to do with our brains and what is stored there and that when you sleep it comes back to you hence you wake up like it??

It will pass and you will feel well again.

Thinking of you.

Take care.
Jo.xx

andyjohn
04-11-10, 18:13
thanks everyone. nice to know i'm not alone.

mabelthemini
04-11-10, 18:17
Hi Andy,
I feel exactly the same, ok in the evenings but rubbish in the mornings, i think some of it is as the day goes on there is less pressure to go out and do stuff, can sit in front the tv and not feel like i should be pressuring myself to get out and about. You'll feel better when the meds kick in..thats what i'm waiting for now.

ljd
04-11-10, 19:35
john,

sorry to hear how your feeling, you can beat it you have before and you can again tc

buddah99
04-11-10, 21:07
Hi Andyjohn

I've found meditation useful for anxiety as it helps to calm the mind and have been doing some hypnosis/NLP again of late

Did you try and stuff like that?

Personally I am not a believer in meds, they can help temporarily but won't solve the underlying problem....

B. (John)