PDA

View Full Version : dont want to leave house.. help :(

ellie_C_mason1990
04-11-10, 11:21
i am getting a train in an hour to leicster to see my friend but i have got so anxious and have the feeling of impending doom

i just feel like i am going to die over the next few days somehow and these are the last few momements with my family

so i want to just stay here at home and cry but i have arranged all of this meeting with my friend :(

please help x

blueangel
04-11-10, 12:21
I think the important thing to remember here is that avoidance is the road to hell. If you don't go, you'll feel really bad about it - although in the short term you might feel relieved. Then of course, the next time that you arrange to go out, there's a danger that you could find an excuse not to go, and it just can go on and on from there.

The feelings of doom are just your brain trying to trick you, honestly.

bexster
04-11-10, 14:16
I have learnt to do even if I am paralized by fear. I hate travelling and get very anxious before I go anywhere. But and this is really important. I have learned to enjoy being with other people and feel better around people. We are all humans, we all suffer and most of us have anxiety, just think so many people will be feeling like you. You can do it