PDA

View Full Version : Constantly worried about every ache or pain

Raver
04-11-10, 14:59
Hoi, I've been having hypochondriac-type problems for a few weeks now. I can't even remember how they started but they don't seem to be stopping.

The main thing is my heart. I've been to hospital twice in the past few weeks, the one last week was in the back of an ambulance. I was running around the train station asking people to call 999. I thought I was genuinely having a heart attack, but after ECG's and stuff they said I'm fine and sent me on my way. It somehow still did not convince me, 'cause now when I have a panic attack I still worry about my heart. I picked up a 7 day Cardiomemo this morning. I'll see how that turns out.

But also, I get headaches everyday. Only once a day, on the right side. Since last Saturday I've been having a ringing in my ears and pains all down my neck, shoulders and left arm. This has been leading me to think that I have a brain tumour. I'd really like a brain scan but scared to ask because they probably won't believe me.

But yeah, was just looking to vent basically. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read that.

uk23
04-11-10, 15:26
I have been in the same situation with the same symptoms, its really hard to believe anxiety can cause so many symptoms but it seems it can.

lammylama
04-11-10, 15:39
Hi Raver,sorry to hear your having a bad time at the moment but i can promise you your not alone....i was so close to calling an ambulance on saturday as i was convinced i was gonna have a heart attack...i had all the pains you had but somehow managed to calm down after 1/2 hour or so. I just dont understand that we are all told by our GP's that out hearts are fine but we just dont believe them and still constantly worry about it. Why is that????

We also all know that these terrible symptoms are just feelings and they will not hurt us,so why dont we take this onboard??......its such a hard disorder to understand and get your head round isnt it?

Raver
04-11-10, 15:43
Yeah, but the thing is, I'm not 100% that there isn't anything wrong with me. Currently I'm fixed on brain tumours and aneurysms.