PDA

View Full Version : breath taken away for a split second

puppyskin
04-11-10, 18:20
this has been happening several times a day for a few weeks really starting to worry me,does anyone know what this is???

paula lynne
04-11-10, 19:04
Hi, is it like you gasp for air? does anything else happen before it?

puppyskin
04-11-10, 19:30
no,its just a sudden sort of thing where it feels like someone stole my breath nothing else

scaredstiff695
04-11-10, 19:33
i dont no if its the same but i over breathe nd it feels like ive suddenly stopped breathing i get my self in a right state

paula lynne
04-11-10, 19:36
Do you get palpatations? and are you on any meds?

puppyskin
04-11-10, 19:50
its like a feeling in my chest dont really notice any palps

puppyskin
04-11-10, 19:59
on clonaztpam on a night

paula lynne
04-11-10, 20:00
If is a new symptom, a visit to you gp may be in order. Try not to worry, if you see your gp, he/she can give you an MOT, and hopefully, some reasurrance x

lorraine
05-11-10, 11:36
hi

i get this feeling its really hard to discribe isnt it. I posted the other day about it on symtoms. I would discribe it as an air bubble moving up to your throat from the chest only lasting a couple of seconds. Horrible.

Hope that helps. Oh and sometimes i get a flutter with it or a hard thud but not always.

Lorraine

puppyskin
05-11-10, 12:59
have you any idea what causes it??

Fly away Katie
05-11-10, 20:53
Ive had this. Its horrible. when i get it, I start worrying that ill forget how to breathe aswell. Its normal... Anxiety and expecting it causes it x x x

xfilme
07-11-10, 19:56
i had something that i described as exactly the same. I was clueless. (check my old posts). Turned out it was ectopic beats. Feels like for a split second someone squeezes yourwindpipe... or like a trapped bubble of air. sometimes it would cut my sentences of midway.... check out ectopic heartbeats... or skipped beats as some call it. They are harmless but scary all the same. For me, the problem was not knowing what caused them, giving me anxiety which made them worse. I had them for a year and a half. My ECG came back fine. At one point it was happening about 4 times every 5 mins. One day, after getting the all clear from my doc and having them identify it might be my health anxiety making them more likely... they just stopped. x

daybyday
07-11-10, 20:08
What dose of Clonazepam are you on a day?
And do you noticed your breathing patterns through the day. Shallow, light, holding your breathe?

puppyskin
07-11-10, 20:32
im on 0.5 mg a day,i only notice its laboured

daybyday
07-11-10, 20:36
I take Clonazepam also, but can't say that would be anything about it.
I do know anxiety tends to make my breathing little and shallow instead of deep and relaxed.