PDA

View Full Version : Between a Rock and a Hard Place

ogarchamplin
06-03-04, 19:01
As some of you have read my doctor has put me on Zoloft which made me feel worse three weeks in to it. So i went and saw him on Thursday and he deceided to switch me to Effoxr Xr. My wife was going out of town for two days and i did not want to start a new med by myself. So i woke up friday still on the Zoloft and felt better than the day before. The depression felt better but i am still panicky and having a "heart attack". Anyhow i got up today and feel a little better than yesterday. So now that my wife comes home today should i make the switch or see if maybe i was just having a hard time adjusting to the Zoloft. Also my insurance approved me to see a pdoc so would you still see your family doc or a pdoc?

Harrisburg, Pa

Laurie28
08-03-04, 15:12
Hiya,

Ok I'm no doctor but I would stick with the one you are on at the moment if you are seeing good effects!! This is only my opinion but if each day you wake up feeling better why not stick with it?

Lucky

What is a pdoc??? (sorry for my ignorance!)

ogarchamplin
08-03-04, 16:38
quote:Originally posted by Lucky

Hiya,

What is a pdoc??? (sorry for my ignorance!)

Abbrevation for Psychatrist

Harrisburg, Pa

Laurie28
08-03-04, 16:42
Hiya,

I don't see anything wrong with seeing a pdoc!!

Along with the meds talking to someone about your problems will only help your recovery

Take Care
Lucky

Meg
08-03-04, 19:01
Sounds like you're settling down so it may be less traumatic to stay on this one.

Your insurance would be better spent on a CBT therapist but maybe you need a Pdoc to refer you .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...