PDA

View Full Version : is this just a blip?

ems43
04-11-10, 19:35
I've been on mirt 5 weeks on sat, though on just over 3 weeks at 30mg. The last week has been really tough, constant dp/ dr and am finding it really hard to cope. Did anyone else experience a blip at this point? I'm just concerned as I realised today that I also started to feel worse on escitalopram at about the 4th or 5th week. Any advice? xxx

jillyb
04-11-10, 19:46
I haven't any advise as I am not brave enough to take any meds (well, I have just started to take a diazepam). There are loads of people on here on meds and I am sure they will help you. Until then, just keep calm and carry on (so it says on a mug I saw in John Lewis!).
Take care and good luck x

jillyb
04-11-10, 19:48
I meant 'advice' - I don't know what these diazepam do exactly, but they are really affecting my spelling - I keep making mistakes! Oops! x

ems43
04-11-10, 19:53
thanks Gill, i like the slogan!x

MadJam
04-11-10, 20:41
Hi there ems! I would give it a couple of weeks, and if no improvement by then speak to your doctor again. I have just come out of a major blip - was thinking of going into hospital and my physciatrist wants me to try pregablin but to scared to. He did admit that he didn't think the mirtazapine has ever helped me - infact made me worse so will have to try and come off them at some point. I know they have helped a lot of people and am so sorry they haven't helped me as I cannot tolerate SSRI's. Try and make a daily diary of your moods - the worst thing you can do is carry on with a medication that is not helping or making matters worse. It may be that the drug needs a little more time to settle - I hope this is the case for you! x