PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with fear? - watch this one....

buddah99
04-11-10, 20:52
http://www.youtube.com/user/BuddhistSocietyWA#p/u/37/e7rFsrdtMM8

I've had many of the problems that other people are posting around anxiety, unless you have this issue most others don't understand.

Of course you need to get to the bottom of what is causing these problems be it relationships, work, or other things that try and scare us in the media e.g terrorism, global warming etc:weep:

However when you get 5 mins start to listen to this guy, I am not big into relgion but the wisdom here about us generating our own fear is something we need to understand.

Enjoy and try not to worry:)

B. (john)

Jaco45er
04-11-10, 21:05
Now an Ozzie Buddhist, you can't get more laid back than that ;)

I have read a little of Akong Rinpoche, Taming the Tiger. I must admit, I was sceptical at first, but there is a lot to be learnt with Buddist teaching, a lot of it seems to be how we think, and good reading for anxiety sufferers.

paula lynne
04-11-10, 22:57
Thanks for the link x

buddah99
04-11-10, 23:00
Now an Ozzie Buddhist, you can't get more laid back than that ;)

I have read a little of Akong Rinpoche, Taming the Tiger. I must admit, I was sceptical at first, but there is a lot to be learnt with Buddist teaching, a lot of it seems to be how we think, and good reading for anxiety sufferers.

Hi Jaco

Certainly when I am feeling a bit down or anxious about things I stick this guy on, I think that meditation or visulisation techniques can be useful but this guy has so much wisdom about life:yesyes:

paula lynne
04-11-10, 23:12
Someone commented about the talks, saying they were like a sleeping pill, anything that will help me sleep is definately worth a look !

buddah99
05-11-10, 00:12
Someone commented about the talks, saying they were like a sleeping pill, anything that will help me sleep is definately worth a look !

Yes:D

I also find the Paul Mckenna CDs very useful as well.

Sometimes I listen to this bloke and get 40 winks:yesyes:

paula lynne
05-11-10, 00:15
oh brill, thanks so much, will check out the paul Mckenna too x
Quick question, I really dont want to go down the hypnosis route for numerous reasons, is this what paul mckenna does? cheers x

buddah99
05-11-10, 14:45
oh brill, thanks so much, will check out the paul Mckenna too x
Quick question, I really dont want to go down the hypnosis route for numerous reasons, is this what paul mckenna does? cheers x

Hi Paula

I think there is a big difference between relaxation techniques and hypnotherapy. The Mckenna CDs are more about relaxation than anything else and seek to make suggestions - they are not trying to cure you of a phobia etc (I think!!).

If I am relaxing I will tend to watch a video like the one above or listen to music like Enigma or Blue Stone.

I do go to hypntherapy sessions it tends to be working at a particular problem and they try to relax you (put you in a trance - not asleep) to get your subconcious to be open to things e.g. help with tinatus or IBS.

But not eveyone likes it as you can feel quite exposed, personally I like doing the NLP version where you imagine overcoming a problem - athletes will use this to imagine winning a race.

If you are on medication or have serious mental issues hynpnosis might not be for you, or in any case talk to your Dr first to see if this is a good idea

Hope this helps

B.

buddah99
05-11-10, 14:48
Oh I would like to add, although there is a relgious context to his talks they are general in nature, I am not seriously into relgion (go to a meditation session once in a while) and people need to make their own decisions about what they believe in.