PDA

View Full Version : I've lost my flat,need advice ppl badly

kitty
14-03-06, 16:33
Hi all,

Well im ever so sorry but this isnt a good happy post as all i needed was more things to go wrong for me in life...well i was at court today all because the council haven't been paying my rent at all since January and i already had a little bit of rent arreas like £200 but i was paying that off a little bit at a time and well now i owe them £1300+ now so im not happy and they have given me a 28 days notice to get out of the flat!:( i just really dont know what to do at all! i really didnt need this at all. What am i gonna do? can anyone give me any advice please i would be eternaly greatfull. i just feel so dead inside this was the one thing that i had control over and now i've lost it...i feel so lost,empty,alone,so ...nonexsitant... oh well thats my crap and horrible day there for you.

Please if you can give any advice please do as im so lost and i cant think at the moment

Hugs to all

Kym
xux

Alexandra
14-03-06, 16:40
Oh Kitty im so sorry you have been through so much already & none of it your fault.
Is there any good friends you could stay with short term whilst you look for somewhere else?

Thinking of you (Sorry im not a great deal of help)

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

RobyBaggio18
14-03-06, 16:48
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi all,

Well im ever so sorry but this isnt a good happy post as all i needed was more things to go wrong for me in life...well i was at court today all because the council haven't been paying my rent at all since January and i already had a little bit of rent arreas like £200 but i was paying that off a little bit at a time and well now i owe them £1300+ now so im not happy and they have given me a 28 days notice to get out of the flat!:( i just really dont know what to do at all! i really didnt need this at all. What am i gonna do? can anyone give me any advice please i would be eternaly greatfull. i just feel so dead inside this was the one thing that i had control over and now i've lost it...i feel so lost,empty,alone,so ...nonexsitant... oh well thats my crap and horrible day there for you.

Please if you can give any advice please do as im so lost and i cant think at the moment

Hugs to all

Kym
xux

<div align="right">Originally posted by kitty - 14 March 2006 : 16:33:37</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Go to the CAB or get in touch with the Law Society, they'll find you a solicitor. if you're not earning you'll be eligible for Legal Help. Sounds like you need legal advice.

Mark.

kitty
14-03-06, 17:25
i have a solicitor people i got him free as im on job seekers. Just thought id let you know that but he doubts that the council will pay up

Kym
xux

Alexandra
14-03-06, 17:28
Glad to hear you have a solicitor.

Hope you get joy from the CAB.

Thinking of you

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

wendy
14-03-06, 18:04
Hi Kym

As the others have already said the CAB would be a good option for you, even though you have an eviction date set I believe they can on your behalf negotciate an extension to give you more time to find some where (think there is a small fee involved to make this application to the court).
Also have you put your name forward for council accomadation?
Hope all turns out ok for you
Wendy x

clickaway
14-03-06, 18:06
Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear about all this.

So what happened? Were the council paying you too much benefit and are now grabbing it back?

If they made the error, then I thought they were liable for past "overpayments".

If you are on jobseekers, I'd have thought you would still be eligible for benefit.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

kitty
14-03-06, 19:26
ray i am on benefits its the fact the council was supose to pay my rent from Jan 3rd and they never have this only got brought to my attention this week as my landlady told me that she still hasnt had any payment off them and its now in court and they have like totaly evicting me in 28 days im just not happy at all hun. I am eligible for benefits as im on income based jobseekers but i have to start a whole new claim up from today so i have to pay all that for my rent that the council haven't paid at all.

kym
xux

Ammeg
20-03-06, 15:10
sounds dodgy to me kitty- why would ur landlady only tell you now if they havent paid up for months!!!the council has to pay- have you got all the letters they sent you confirmin they would pay it?? if u have that then u shouldnt have problems!! and all i can sugest is in the furture have the money for rent paid directly to you and give it to ur landlord urself- coz i think we all know the council cant be trusted!!
hope ur feelin better hun!!

kitty
20-03-06, 15:14
I have all my letters here at home. it doesnt look good at all peolpe i thin k i should really start to pack asd much as i can as i really dont think that i'll be here for much longer. Just dont know what the hell im gonna do im so confused and so low still i just dont know anymore

kym
xux

Ammeg
20-03-06, 15:19
im sorry kitty- im just confused- so to clarify..
u have a letter sayin that the council is gonno pay ur rent directly to ur landlord for u?? and your landlady has confirmed that she hasnt had rent paid her??

kitty
20-03-06, 15:36
thats it gem, they havent paid it once since Jan 3rd and now they are saying that they didnt recieve all of the relevent information and paperwork off me.
Your not the only one confused hun im reaally confused and it dont help that my meds are making me feel like my dreams are real everyday life and my everydau life is a dream so i just dont know anymore

kym
xux

Ammeg
20-03-06, 16:12
rite but u have a letter sayin they are gonno pay it or you?? if u have hun and ur solicitor says theres nothin- get a new one- if u have proof to say they were meant to pay the landlord for you then thats what they were meant to do!! god councils really annoy me

Peru83
21-03-06, 08:22
I am really sorry to hear that your going through this, really the last thing you need huh?!

The best advice that I can give is go to Citizen's Advice, anything you have problems with and you dont' have a scooby go to them. They are really nice and accomodating and care about you, plus it's free:D. I would get onto this asap, dont' waste anytime, the sooner you get the ball roller the better. Please keep us up to date with how you get on and good luck:)

Take Carexx

Claire