PDA

View Full Version : physically holding your self together

lajjj
05-11-10, 07:55
I have noticed latley that i physically hold my self ,, i feel so tense all the time and i seem to automatically hold my self tight as if im trying to hold my body together... and i do this with out realizing. which results in alot of aches and pains...and when i get these aches and pains i get depressed and anxious because i know its anxiety. im only 31 and my body creaks and clicks like am 90! i am sick of hearing my self moaning about neck pain and back pain and leg pain....or about how down i feel....im sick of crying....sick of thinking about how depressed i feel its like i am taken over by it and cant think of anything eles....i can hardley remember what i used to think about b4 this.....

baileys
05-11-10, 08:08
That sounds like me to. I ache all over from constantly holding my body so tight.
Im sitting here now, planning my day and i can feel the tension.
At least when you recognise it then it makes it a bit more possible to do something about it.

lajjj
05-11-10, 08:12
thats right its such a battle tho! am about to leave for work and i know am gonna be in pain all day... thank god its friday x

lammylama
05-11-10, 08:15
Bless you Laura.....try and have a good day whilst im lying in bed !! lol

TC xxx

baileys
05-11-10, 08:38
Bless you Laura.....try and have a good day whilst im lying in bed !! lol

TC xxx

Lazy :emot-sleepyhead: .............I am making an effort today but i bet i end up back in bed too:D

lammylama
05-11-10, 09:02
its so hard to get out of bed with zero motorvation isnt it...i have a thousand things i could be doing round the house and i know i'll feel better if i do something but just cant get out of bed some days!!!

baileys
05-11-10, 09:31
Long while back I was getting chest pains and was very worried, long story short I was doing the same as you and sitting with my arms folded which caused tension across my chest and shoulders, or head down which made my neck ache.

It`s sometimes hard to remember to do but try and gently settle your shoulders a little, or swing your arms a bit more (not like a monkey or people will point!) or even rock your jaw side to side in case you`re clenching your mouth.

anxiety and tension can be awful things but if you have a go at walking a bit more like shaggy from scooby doo, and also walking a bit slower to remind yourself you have all the time you need, it can sometimes work wonders and really stop some niggling aches and pains.

Hope this helps and that you have a good day today.

Paul
Thats a good post Paul......Im working with my therapist at the moment to try and relax me more.
Things like noticing the the trees and the sound of the birds as i am walking along and slowing myself down.
Ive been struggling to think of more ideas, yours sound good so im going to try them too.
Hope i dont get carted off when im out and about:wacko:

lajjj
05-11-10, 17:10
thanks paul thats really good advice:) baileys ive been doing this what you said lately and it dose kind of work ! my therapist said the same...so i do walk around looking at the sky and stuff and try to pick out noises i can hear... so now you will find me walkin up the street like shaggy from scooby doo whilst looking at the sky...ah well am mad anyway it aint gonna hurt haha oh and thanks lammy... hope u had a good rest today why i was out fighting the world and trying to survive! haha x