PDA

View Full Version : Can't do it on these pills

Abbo
05-11-10, 12:29
I have posted very similar things on this already so sorry if it's boring, I took 2x 20mg cit one on Monday and one on tue and still feel absolute rubbish even 3 days after not taking anything, some very nice people have spoken about how the effects wore off when being on them for a few weeks but does anyone have the same experience as me? Are they still in my system or am I just freaking out?

suzy-sue
05-11-10, 12:59
Citalopram has a half life of 33-36 hours .So every 36hours half the dose leaves the body . You will soon feel ok ..Sue x

KK77
05-11-10, 13:18
Should be out of your system in 1-2 weeks as it does have a fairly long half-life.

cassie1975
05-11-10, 14:16
Hi to Abbo

I have now been on citalopram for five weeks, for the first four weeks i felt awful, convinced i wouldn't see my daughter grow up. I had every side effect imaginable (acid stomach, shakes, headaches and numbness in arms) its only this last week that i am getting back to normal ( if thats the right word). Would it be beneficial to you to go back and see your g.p and maybe they can reccomend something thats suits you. I was told to just stick with them because they take a while to get into your system, it worked for me but i know, reading on this forum that everyone is different and not one tablet suits all. good luck

Abbo
05-11-10, 15:24
Hi to Abbo

I have now been on citalopram for five weeks, for the first four weeks i felt awful, convinced i wouldn't see my daughter grow up. I had every side effect imaginable (acid stomach, shakes, headaches and numbness in arms) its only this last week that i am getting back to normal ( if thats the right word). Would it be beneficial to you to go back and see your g.p and maybe they can reccomend something thats suits you. I was told to just stick with them because they take a while to get into your system, it worked for me but i know, reading on this forum that everyone is different and not one tablet suits all. good luck

Thanks cassia, in a way it's good to know it is still these making me feel bad as I don't want to be like this forever and have already been off work a week which is not me, fair play for you seeing it out that must take a lot, I actually feel like a zombie, still panicky and the trembly arm thing along with feeling very depressed, if getting through that was to help me fair enough but I couldn't do it.
Going to see a private therapist in a min so I hope that works,
Thanks for the feedback