PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance

Eggy
05-11-10, 14:02
I am having a few other problems and I just want some reassurance that nothing serious is going on.

My chest feels tight, when I breath in or take a deep breath I get discomfort in my chest which is quite bad, and I also get discomfort on my throat.

My neck is driving me mad and I feel so I'll; mind you I have only had about 19 hours sleep this week.

My stomach keeps playing up too.

Eggy
05-11-10, 14:34
I feel like something is obstructing my breathing and like I cannot breath, I cannot believe i am getting back pain, neck pain, headaches, stomach pain, really bad throat pain, face pain, mouth pain and pain between my shoulder blades if all these or if some of them are anxiety symptoms then surely my cipralex would have eased some of these pains by now?

suzy-sue
05-11-10, 15:24
I dont honestly think you are going to get any reasurrance here Eggy .All people can do is repeat themselves and I for one dont intend to do that .Look through your previous threads . I hope the Dentist appointment gave you some insight into some of your probs .?T/c Sue

Eggy
05-11-10, 16:00
I am now getting bad aches and pains on the arms and shoulders the dentist said my teeth are fine and it's a ENT issue.

nomorepanic
05-11-10, 16:41
I thought the whole point of the docs visit today was to get a referral to a Neurologist?

Vixxy
05-11-10, 17:08
As far as I know he's been referred to ENT. I would imagine if they don't find a problem, then he might be referred onto neurology.
I'm afraid it's just a case of waiting for the good old NHS to get around to you.

stressbunny
05-11-10, 18:08
Eggy,

I don't think you do need reassurance. You think you have throat cancer or MND. You cannot think that reassurance will cure these?

Please think about what is upsetting you. It is NOT that you have cancer or MND, because you have definitely NOT been diagnosed with either of them. What is upsetting you is the FEAR that you have one of these. Ergo, what needs treating is that FEAR (it is actually irrelevant what is wrong with you on this basis - it is only fear that is causing you problems). Address that fear and you will feel better, I promise.

So, earlier in the year I think I have MS. I have CBT, get over the fear, and the symptoms disappear. A bit of a relapse recently and I think I have Parkinsons. Or more importantly that I may be about to get it in the future. My problem now is the FEAR of Parkinsons...I don't have parkinsons (or if I do it is not a problem for me, just the constant worry about it!!)

I don't think I am going to help you, but like the hundreds of other posts you have had...I really feel your pain, but you have to stop just for a day and think...ok let's pretend it is anxiety, what happens if I ignore these feelings and just get on with my life. What is the worst that will happen. Go on - give it a go - dare you?