PDA

View Full Version : hi

jennybeth
05-11-10, 18:23
hi, this is the first time ive ever written on anything like this but i know that my mum and other people have found some form of comfort from it so i thought i would give it a try. i've been suffering from panic attacks for the last 2 months which have now developed into full blown anxiety. i went to the doctors today and she's diagnosed me as having depression and recommended some online exercises and advised me to see the counsellor. he's not available till january and i'm absolutely full of despair. does anyone have any advice or tips to deal with it in the short term. i'm absolutely terrified xxxx

nomorepanic
05-11-10, 18:25
Hi jennybeth

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jillyb
05-11-10, 18:58
You've come to right place. It's just such a comfort knowing that you are not alone with your fears and worries. I gather that your Mum has used this site, are you able to talk to her about your problems? I am sure she will understand. Writing down and posting your problems on here is also theraputic and no one will judge you. We are all here for a reason; to overcome our problems and to support each other. It's so much easier on here because we are all in the same boat. It's so difficult for people without our issues to understand us. You've already made a good start by going to your doctor - now it's just one small step at a time. Take care x

paulst
05-11-10, 19:02
Hi jennybeth:welcome:to NMP.

lammylama
05-11-10, 19:02
Hi Jenny and welcome to NMP...we are all in the same boat on here so you are not alone in your feelings...i have also just started suffering PA's again for the first time in years and had my worst ever on wed and was completely terrified!!
We can both beat this Jenny and we will...be strong and good luck xx

jennybeth
05-11-10, 19:11
Thank you guys for the quick reply. I have already gained some relief for knowing there are other people out there who feel the same (although I wish we didn't have to). I have seen the effects of treatment of on people I know that we can beat this, it's just the long, painstaking process of trying to work out the best way of doing so. I'm so used to being the one looking after others that I think I'm more anxious being the patient because I'm not sure what to do!

Vanilla Sky
05-11-10, 21:17
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Veronica H
06-11-10, 23:49
:welcome:Welcome to NMP Jennybeth. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

paula lynne
07-11-10, 00:12
Hello Jenny, welcome x

Fly away Katie
07-11-10, 10:41
Hello and welcome to the forum, your not alone HUGS x x x x x x