PDA

View Full Version : chronic chest pressure?

Bearfan1
06-11-10, 03:53
I have chest pressure in the middle to left chest. I always have it and it varies through out the day. I been having this for the past 5 months. I been to the ER twice and EKG and Chest Xray were normal. After full meals it becomes worst and is almost as a squeezing pressure around the left side of my heart, I also get nasal congestion when my chest pressure worsens. I am 5'8 205 pounds, I eat fairly healthy, and I exercise fairly as well. Im a recoverin drug addict and I dont smoke or drink anymore. Nothin seems to relieve the pressure. I am losing my mind and am starting to think i have no hope, this effects my work and regular life. Please help. thank you. This pressure creates my anxiety.

KK77
06-11-10, 17:14
If you've had the relevant tests and they've been normal then I would guess that your problems are muscle related - perhaps due to tension/anxiety. I'm not a medical doctor, and I think chest pain should always be taken seriously, but due to faulty breathing (ie shallow breathing) and tension, this is a common symptom of anxiety. I know that if I get stressed it sometimes happens to me, and in fact if you press firmly on the area where you feel the pressure/pain it's usually tender - another good indication that it's muscle related and not anything sinister.

Bearfan1
06-11-10, 18:29
When I wake up my pressure starts around my Lower left rib cage and gradually works up into my Left chest. I do feel anxious and tensed alot, But i just dont feel this to be normal.

KK77
07-11-10, 02:42
No it's probably not normal and I'm not saying it is either, but that doesn't mean it's anything sinister or life-threatening my friend. Try to concentrate on reducing your anxiety and tension. I'm pretty sure you'll find that will help.