PDA

View Full Version : De-reliazation

FenGirl
07-11-10, 11:10
Anyone get a feeling as if they are not here?
During a bad panic attack i often get this feeling where the world is not what it seems anymore, i kind of feel like i'm a ghost.
I used to think i was mad, as 10 years ago, i never saw this feeling in any books about panic attacks, yet the doctor was telling me this is what i had.
I guess over the years there has been more study on anxiety etc and i did find this de-relization one day in a panic book, and was relieved that i was'nt crazy.
Have found out it comes from hyper ventlating, (cant spell lol)
But i still find it hard to control and relax breathing while anxious.

CrazyCatLady
07-11-10, 11:30
I've never connected to lack of oxygen before... Thanks, I'll look out for that next time and try to control by breathing.

I have to touch everything, to make sure I'm still real.

:hugs:

paula lynne
07-11-10, 11:51
Hi Fen girl, yes, its the imbalance of oxygen/carbon dioxide during a panic attack that gives us the unreal feelings. Breathing into a paper bag (doesnt have to be brown!) can help correct that balance. xx

FenGirl
07-11-10, 20:00
Crazycat lady...yeh i'm the same, i have to touch things like keys, or bracelets that i've put on before i've gone out, chewing gum etc.

jessicalittler79
11-11-10, 01:48
i have this hu everyday its awfull i am trying to find ways to get it to go away "( i know its hard but ive heard it passes on its own