PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye NMP

uk23
07-11-10, 17:36
Thank you to all users who have replied to my posts, you have helped a lot.

My account will be removed soon so just wanted to say goodbye.

Piers

bottleblond
07-11-10, 17:39
Please reconsider piers

Lisa

KK77
07-11-10, 17:57
Can I just say Piers that you're an intelligent guy judging from the work you have done on the forum and leaving under such circumstances is a real shame. I frequently get mad when I read some posts but it's a knee-jerk reaction that soon passes. Despite all the arguments that occur here, it's not the "forum" at fault but simply human nature.

sammi
07-11-10, 17:57
Goodbye such a shame think I'm goin to leave I was removed from the discussion too bang out of order

bottleblond
07-11-10, 17:58
Sammi...i will pm you

uk23
07-11-10, 17:59
To be fair I did act like a child with my last reply on that thread, however I stand by my decision.

kibbutz83
07-11-10, 18:03
Bye guys.. health forums can become an unhealthy addiction from what I've seen today :( I know this may not be a popular opinion, but it's how today has made me (and many others) feel.. I guess if it's doing us more harm than good then we need to bow out gracefully :) x

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 18:41
Piers - don't leave ok. Sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

uk23
07-11-10, 18:44
Thank you but I stand by my decision.

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 18:47
Ok well I wanted to thank you for the new look buttons and I wish you every success with your recovery in the future.

ann01
07-11-10, 18:56
Wishing you all the very best Piers.

bottleblond
07-11-10, 18:57
Good luck Piers and all the very best for the future.
Be happy!

Lisa
x

uk23
07-11-10, 19:03
Thank you for the replies.

I was just reading through the other thread and I have to say, since I cant reply there, that with regards to other posts about waiting times, I think the original opening post should have included alcohol users, drug users, smokers, people who do come to the country purely for free healthcare and people who take risks.

In my opinion (I have run 2 forums before, 1 with 10k users) this would have been a more neutral thread instead of coming across as a victimisation of H/A sufferers.

It seems the majority of people who have to wait in A&E are saying H/A users are to blame - that really is not the case. There is a leaflet available in ALL A&E departments which explains how the waiting times are calculated.

I would like to apologise if any of my posts caused offence, however the points above state my views.

edit: if you see it fit to remove this post please do, however that is my closing comment on the matter.

sammi
07-11-10, 19:08
Good luck piers xxxxxxx

suzy-sue
07-11-10, 20:28
Im sorry you feel like you need to leave Piers .I would urge you to reconsider and maybe just take a break .Sometimes things get out of control and being anxious types we get easily hurt by things .Your comments about Drinkers and drug takers etc is justifiable and I totally agree with you there I HOPE you reconsider .But wish you good luck and happiness for the future if you do leave .TAKE CARE luv Sue xx:hugs:

weeble40
07-11-10, 20:36
tootle pip

lisa12
07-11-10, 20:37
dont n you hun but sorry your leaving, i never replied to the thread as it 2 upset me as a ha suffer , All mental health patients cost the nhs lots of money each year dont matter how you suffer if you use the docs,hosp.counciler or any other service it cost nhs money ,But also none mental health sufferes also cost the nhs money to.but also just to add thats what we pay our N I for ,so i would not be put off or feel put off about using our systems we ourselves pay towards ...any way tc x

yvonne_uk_98
07-11-10, 21:10
Hi Piers,

sorry to hear your leaving, I hope you dont leave, never give up,

DON'T QUIT!

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown

Hope you have a good day!

Yvonne

PoppyC
07-11-10, 21:36
Could I just say Piers, that alchoholism and drug addiction IS AN ILLNESS - any addiction is an illness, whether you like the fact or not.
and that you say about smokers and all the rest, so what do you think about being overweight???? Do you think overweight people should not get help on the NHS, because they made themselves obese?
You say people who take risks??? Ok so does that include soldiers, firemen, policemen and women???

uk23
07-11-10, 21:59
Could I just say Piers, that alchoholism and drug addiction IS AN ILLNESS - any addiction is an illness, whether you like the fact or not!!!
and that you say about smokers and all the rest, so what do you think about being overweight???? Do you think overweight people should not get help?
You say people who take risks??? Ok so does that include soldiers, firemen, policemen and women???

I know about addiction and its cost to the NHS, that is why I did not make a thread ranting about it.

When I was 18/19/20 I was a staff worker at a night shelter and also a walk in centre in Surrey, I worked with people with addiction problems and saw the pain and misery it caused them, I also saw 3 deaths from overdose with 1 year of working at the walk in centre.

I am still allowed to be annoyed by something arent I?

What really annoys me is morons who go to town, get drunk then need medical help - that is entirely a choice and their own fault. I am totally 100% against alcohol, from a glass of wine at home to 10 pints of something when out at a club - IMO it should all be banned!

Infact if I ruled the country I would ban: Cigarettes, Illegal drugs, alcohol, cosmetics and advertisements with cosmetically enhanced people/anorexic models.

PoppyC
07-11-10, 22:03
And I guess you think women should walk behind men too and wear bhurkas?.... Just a good job that you don't rule the country sn't it. Thank god!!!
Shut the door on the way out, will you!

uk23
07-11-10, 22:07
Just a good job that you don't rule the country then isn't it. Thank god!!!
Shut the door on the way out, will you!

Happy to, just waiting for one of the admins to remove my account.

Btw, I think what you just wrote clearly shows the tone of this forum.

PoppyC
07-11-10, 22:11
I speak for myself and not for the forum.
Goodbye!

KK77
07-11-10, 22:12
I have worded the Government about employing you in the future. Their loss though...

sammi
07-11-10, 22:12
How rude poppyc this is why people want to leave this forum, you have no right to tell him to leave and shut the door on the way out. I just really think people need to calm down now and stop making other people not want to be here.

uk23
07-11-10, 22:16
How rude poppyc this is why people want to leave this forum, you have no right to tell him to leave and shut the door on the way out. I just really think people need to calm down now and stop making other people not want to be here.

Well said, but if people choose to be moronic it's their loss.

PoppyC just FYI, the word Moronic means having a mental age of up to 12 years old. :winks:

weeble40
07-11-10, 22:21
PoppyC just FYI, the word Moronic means having a mental age of up to 12 years old. :winks:[/QUOTE]

so to me that is saying all kids under 12 are morons, or am i to read that differently to

sammi
07-11-10, 22:21
These are grown women that resort to bullying tactics. And yet there posts are kept on the site.makes me laugh tbh

yvonne_uk_98
07-11-10, 22:22
Happy to, just waiting for one of the admins to remove my account.

Btw, I think what you just wrote clearly shows the tone of this forum.

This forum, are not like that, not all like that, how can you say that?

Yvonne

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 22:24
These are grown women that resort to bullying tactics. And yet there posts are kept on the site.makes me laugh tbh

You wouldn't want your mum here then would you ?

suzy-sue
With respect Sammi Poppy didnt tell him to leave .She was replying to Piers previous post about members attitudes on NMP and his views about certain issues she finds painful ,He said he was leaving .She just said goodbye shut the door .I think there has been enough for one day .Everyone needs to calm down and chill out .Tommorows another day .Lets hope its a good one guys .Sue :yesyes:

PoppyC
Sammi
I did not tell him to leave. He said he was leaving well before.
I think that extreme views are bad, but I appreciate, that it his Piers view. Anyway I will not post on this thread again....
Goodnight everyone :)

uk23
07-11-10, 22:27
Sammi
I did not tell him to leave. He said he was leaving well before.
I think that extreme views are bad, but I appreciate, that is his view. Anyway I will not post on this thread again.

Indeed those are my views. Thank you for your rude 'f*ck off' message, much appreciated.

At least I know my place on this forum.

bottleblond
07-11-10, 22:28
Right that's it
grow up...my head is splitting with this shit.
I have been on here for hours now watching all this petty squabbling and to be honest with you, i am sick and tired of it.

Behave or sign out!! End of

weeble40
07-11-10, 22:30
im not going to add any fuel to this as i think enough has been said already, but i think its about time these post were stopped and deleted,

8 years NMP has been running, all the hard work Nic has put into this, and all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes, dont try to spoil it, just dont add any more posts, you wish to leave the site thats fine, close the webpage and by morning your accounts will be deleted end of, why cause more trouble ?????

sammi
07-11-10, 22:31
Ok suzysue

uk23
07-11-10, 22:34
Ok, fine.

Thank you to the administration & moderation team for all of your hard work. I hope some of my posts have been useful.

opiateyes and I are leaving the forum.

sammi
07-11-10, 22:35
You wouldn't want your mum here then would you ?

My mum can go where she likes she's a grown lady.

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 22:37
Piers - are you both leaving now then?

Lynnann
07-11-10, 22:38
I have read through the thread thats I think everyone is so worked up about and are leaving over and think it is a shame if you do. Piers you have brought up your opinions in this thread regarding people's free will and right to choose what they do with their lives and indeed their bodies.

No one has deleted that post, you are entitled to your opinion?

Personally this forum has provided me with an enormous amount of support and I will be eternally grateful to Nic and the admins for the work they do in providing this facility.

People get heated at times on here, thankfully not very often I might add,
It is human nature, happens in life especially about things they are passionate about. There are so many supportive and fantastic members here that I think it would be a shame for you to lose this valuable resource in your journey through life. You have been a valued and helpful member on this form at times and would be missed by the friends you have made here.

Sleep on your decision and think about it, if necassary take a break from the forum for a while.

Hope you take the time to reconsider.

Lynnann:flowers:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

uk23
07-11-10, 22:41
Piers - are you both leaving now then?

I think so, she had read through the posts and said shes not happy as well.

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 22:45
Ok we are going to lock the accounts tonight as it is late and we think it is best that this is not left hanging until tomorrow with no admins around to sort things out.

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 22:46
You know how to get hold of me if you want to.

uk23
07-11-10, 22:47
..dont try to spoil it, just dont add any more posts, ... close the webpage and by morning your accounts will be deleted end of, why cause more trouble ?????

While I am on the subject of what annoys me, who are you? Why are you so rude? I have never even spoken to you before.

I wish you had a forum of your own just so I could DoS attack it.

And Yes, I can be that annoying.

sammi
07-11-10, 22:56
Sorry for offending anyone I was abit ate up by a thread and shouldn't have personally attacked anyone

Lynnann
07-11-10, 22:59
Well Said Sammi :)

That took courage :D

weeble40
07-11-10, 23:01
rude !!! you think that was rude, you havent seen anything yet,

why do you need to know who I am, am I now not allowed an opinion,

yes youve proved most of the day how annoying you can be,

as poppy says close the door on your way out,

im off for a 10 pints now, and maybe a bottle of wine when i get home, stick that in ya pipe n smoke it

uk23
07-11-10, 23:01
Before my account is locked I would also like to apologise to anyone I may have offended, however I stand by what I said.

mick_uk
07-11-10, 23:02
Charming. And you moan about the tone of the forum!

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 23:04
Please don't hack NMP I can't take much more :wacko::whistles:

uk23
07-11-10, 23:05
Charming. And you moan about the tone of the forum!

It was what he/she said and their tone, I have never even spoken with them before or even knew they existed.

Of course I wouldnt DoS anyones website but it was tempting when I wrote that post.

Lynnann
07-11-10, 23:08
While I am on the subject of what annoys me, who are you? Why are you so rude? I have never even spoken to you before.

And Yes, I can be that annoying.

Weeble40 is a member of this forum and an individual entitled to her opinion, just the same as everyone else is, yourself included.

I would like to second Nic tho, please don't DOS attack NMP, it is an invaluable source of support to me personally.

bottleblond
07-11-10, 23:08
You know what

Go for it. Myself and Nic have been on this ALL night. Hours of it. Chasing people about, checking posts, deleting, warnings, pm, e-mails...you name it, we done it. I have a pm box that i can't even reply to because i am following a bunch of school kids around the playground.

You want to belittle each other, cause hurt, bring eachother down...then far be it for me to interfere, batter on as we say here.

BUT... don't dare complain to us when it backfires and YOU are on the recieving end coz hell mend you.

Have fun
Admin...over and out!!!!

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 23:09
Weeble is a chat room moderator Piers so spends a lot of her time helping us out in the chat room.

mick_uk
07-11-10, 23:11
and she's banned me many a time, So she knows her job :D

sammi
07-11-10, 23:12
I actually did just apologise for offending anyone I didn't have to seen as tho my accounts been suspended anyway but I felt I should and I wanted to.

uk23
07-11-10, 23:12
When did I say anything about doing anything to NMP? As I have said before its a great site with a few select users who I dont get on with.

And do you really think:

A) I would actually DoS any site? I am not a dick.
B) That if I did it would be a support forum which helps people?
C) That if I did I would tell people before hand?

I am in to server security and hardening servers against attacks, I certainly do not condone them, especially against a support site.

I would also like to add that over the years I have joined this forum 3 times, 2 of which Nicola is aware of. Each time I found more or less the same people with the same attitude and decided to leave without telling anyone.

bottleblond
07-11-10, 23:14
I actually did just apologise for offending anyone I didn't have to seen as tho my accounts been suspended anyway but I felt I should and I wanted to.

Oh it's not yet

sammi
07-11-10, 23:18
Oh it's not yet

What's that mean?

SueBee
07-11-10, 23:18
If people want their accounts removed, why not just PM an admin, sign out and let that be the end of it? But no, post it on the forum so as to cause yet more hassle for the admin team - well done guys for making their job as difficult as possible.

Lisa, Nic my heart goes out to you today. Don't let it get you down :hugs:

KK77
07-11-10, 23:19
BB hasn't got the ban hammer out yet Sammi :sign20: Well done for apologising as well. That shows maturity.

mick_uk
07-11-10, 23:20
I was just making the point UK23 that's it's easy to say things you dont mean in the heat of the moment. That's what all this has been about today really I think.
I think we should all call a truce and start again by waving to eachother :welcome:

uk23
If people want their accounts removed, why not just PM an admin, sign out and let that be the end of it? But no, post it on the forum so as to cause yet more hassle for the admin team - well done guys for making their job as difficult as possible.

Lisa, Nic my heart goes out to you today. Don't let it get you down :hugs:

Seriously what?

So now not only am I not entitled to an opinion, I am not allowed on the forum at all and should leave straight away?

The administration team have the power to lock or delete a thread if they see fit to do so.

Lynnann
When did I say anything about doing anything to NMP? As I have said before its a great site with a few select users who I dont get on with.

And do you really think:

A) I would actually DoS any site? I am not a dick.
B) That if I did it would be a support forum which helps people?
C) That if I did I would tell people before hand?

I am in to server security and hardening servers against attacks, I certainly do not condone them, especially against a support site.

I would also like to add that over the years I have joined this forum 3 times, 2 of which Nicola is aware of. Each time I found more or less the same people with the same attitude and decided to leave without telling anyone.

I am glad you cleared that up Piers, I will sleep easier tonight. It is a shame that you feel you have to leave because of individual people. I guess that online as in life there will always be people that rub us up the wrong way and heated arguements sometimes ensue. I have found that it is not the norm for this site and it is isolated incidents when this occurs.

I am just sorry that there has been so much upset for everyone involved in this unfortunate episode.

Sammi, I hope that means you are staying?

uk23
07-11-10, 23:21
...Well done for apologising as well. That shows maturity.

That shows condescension

bottleblond
07-11-10, 23:23
:mad:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

KK77
07-11-10, 23:23
That shows condescension

Really? Can't say anything right can we? :lac:

You really are showing your true colours tonight, aren't you. Yes, goodbye

uk23
07-11-10, 23:25
Really? Can't say anything right can we? :lac:

You really are showing your true colours tonight, aren't you. Yes, goodbye

I am not acting any differently to how I have been on this forum in the past.

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 23:26
Piers - we are going to lock your account this evening as this is going nowhere and I have work tomorrow and Lisa is knackered and we have no admins to take over.

We will close this thread too.

If you want to come back tomorrow then email me ok and we will discuss it further.

nomorepanic
07-11-10, 23:26
closing now

uk23
09-11-10, 18:49
Hello

gaaron
09-11-10, 19:21
Hi, I only joined yesterday and have only read 'goodbye nmp'. If you're saying hello - glad to meet you:)

Lynnann
09-11-10, 19:29
Glad you decided to stay Piers :)

yvonne_uk_98
09-11-10, 19:31
glad to see your staying Piers. :)

Yvonne

sammi
09-11-10, 19:56
Welcome back hunni x

paula lynne
09-11-10, 19:58
Welcome back Piers x:)

blue moon
09-11-10, 21:20
Hi Piers
Glad you did not go,I enjoy reading your posts,never give in,after all it is only internet.
Love Petra x:hugs: