PDA

View Full Version : Needing advice!

Caroline39
07-11-10, 18:46
I've been suffering anxiety attacks for a while now and finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors on Friday. He prescribed Citalopram and I took the first one yesterday, but felt scared experiencing some side effects.. Felt paniky and had burning sensations in my arms, hands, feet and tummy so I didn't take the second tablet today.. I haven't been eating properly for weeks now and am losing weight which I don't want to do so I'm gonnna try again tomorrow, but still feeling scared about taking them. I have two young boys and I worry I won't be able to cope looking after them.. Can somebody advise me.. Thanks Caroline..

diane07
07-11-10, 18:47
Hi Caroline39

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
07-11-10, 18:52
Hi Caroline :welcome:

There are lots of posts about cit on here, including the side effects people have.

This thread is especially worth reading:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980

x

cassie1975
07-11-10, 18:57
Hi caroline

Just to let you know citalopram takes four to six weeks to get into your system. I know its hard but perservere, I felt alot worse when i started to take them but I carried on, and I am glad I did I feel a lot better. If your unsure about your symptoms go back and speak to your G.P. Good luck Caroline x

Caroline39
07-11-10, 19:00
Thank you JaneC and Cassie 1975 for replying to my post I really appreciate it. I will keep you posted as to how I'm getting on. I am scared but I know I need to do this to get myself better.. xxx

JaneC
07-11-10, 19:03
Good luck Caroline, I hope you can get some help with looking after your sons till you get through the worst of starting on this xx