PDA

View Full Version : Been sitting on the sidelines

carolh365
07-11-10, 20:55
Hi my name is Carol I have been sitting on the side lines reading this wonderful forum for a few months now.

I started with panic attacks last October whilst in Great Ormond Street Hospital with my son for 2 weeks, well I made 2 days ! I have never felt so ill in all my life I honestly thought I was going to die. The staff were horrible they just kept saying that a panic attack wouldnt kill me and if I didnt stay my son would not be allowed back for treatment. I didnt stay in my head I thought if I could get back to a safe place I would be alright, how wrong I was, I didnt know what way was up. I couldnt be indoors, outdoors or any where for that matter. My doctor sedated me for 2 days until she felt I was able to cope a little better.

I am fighting but its hard, I have now been diagnosed as depression as well which I never saw coming !! work is a stuggle I was off for 2 days last week as I just couldnt cope. I am going to try and go back tomorrow as my boss is not the most understanding ! Whilst I was off for 2 weeks from GOSH he sent an email round telling everyone why I was off even though he had been asked to keep it quite.

I am really struggling, cant sleep just feel like crying all the time, I am also diabetic and waiting to go on insulin, my son is also suffering he is now a school refuser at the age of 9, currently under CAMS waiting to be assessed for aspergers. He also has major mobility problems.

I feel at the moment that life is throwing everything it can at me to try and bring me down.

Sorry for rant, it made be feel better :)

diane07
07-11-10, 20:56
Hi carolh365

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

diane07
07-11-10, 20:56
Hi carolh365

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
07-11-10, 20:58
Hi Carol, welcome to NMP, its good to meet you :welcome:

JaneC
07-11-10, 21:08
Hello Carol :welcome:

I think diabetes can cause panic attacks - hopefully you'll fee better when you get that sorted out xx

uk23
07-11-10, 22:01
Welcome to the forums

paulst
07-11-10, 22:12
Hi Carol, :welcome:to the forum.