PDA

View Full Version : Hey, new here...

Mishapxx
08-11-10, 04:39
So, I don't really know what to do here, so bear with me or whatever okay?
I'm Melissa and I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for about... I dunno about five years. I'm not on any medication or in therapy. Tried the meds, but I didn't like how they made me felt, nor did I feel I was getting anything out of therapy.

I'm really hoping to meet some good people here, and hopefully find help.

Thanks

nomorepanic
08-11-10, 04:42
Hi Mishapxx

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Rous
08-11-10, 04:53
Hi Melissa,

welcome to NMP and you will find good folk here that will help. :)

Ye mention ye tried meds but didnae like how they made ye feel, some meds can make ye sick, literally, especially at first in the first few weeks or so, I've tried many meds and I found every one reacts differently, some were crap for me & some worked well after a while but crapped out after a good length of time (like a year or so). :blush:

Ye cud ask yer Doc, if ye wanted, to try different meds, the first meds I took for depression literally blacked me out & I did a shameful thing that I have no memory of doing, I woke up a few days later with a doc next to my bed, he'd given me something that totally brought me round, so trying different meds till ye find the one that suits you may be worth a try, but it's up to you, if yer managing enuf at the mo then ye dinnae need them, the meds aren't for everyone. :winks:

I didnae get much outta therapy either Melissa, so dinnae worry about that, maybe like me ye didnae have a good therapist to begin with. :weep:

Excuse the way I sometimes talk on here, I'm Scottish and after a long day/night I sometimes slip in to that speech when I'm tired or in a rush. :blush:

Again welcome to NMP, there's plenty of useful info on here & plenty of folk that share the same thing as yersel, yer not alone here and folk will help ye if they can. :D

Take care & be safe. :hugs:

paulst
08-11-10, 10:59
Hi Melissa,:welcome:to NMP.

paula lynne
08-11-10, 11:05
Welcome aboard Melissa, good to know you x:welcome:

Joexgee
08-11-10, 11:55
hello melissa :welcome: to nmp xxx

Vanilla Sky
09-11-10, 20:40