PDA

View Full Version : heart, acid reflux, or ibs

Rachel.1980
08-11-10, 22:06
Hi all, so so glad ive found this page. I have been having ongoing problems since January 2010. I have been diagnosed with Acid Reflux and IBS in August this year. Since January i have been having what started off with a hard thud in my chest and felt slightly lightheaded for a second afterwards. This has now stopped and changed to a flutter feeling in the chest, sometimes central, sometimes left side, accompanied by a rising sensation up into my neck and my neck muscles squeeze. I have this a few times each day. I have been seeing a counsellor for Health Anxiety over my heart, as i truely believe i am building up to a Heart Attack and am going to die!! I have been to a &e twice, had 3 ECG's and blood tests - all "normal". Keep getting told its anxiety or ibs/acid reflux. When i get this rising sensation and squeeze in neck its not painful, just makes me uncomfortable, as if im being strangled, then i become frightened as i believe its my heart. I have eventually been refferred to a Cardiologist and am booked in for a 24 hr Holter Monitor. I am so so so fed up of being frightened about the Heart thing, its taking over my life. Always on my mind daily. Does anyone else experience this, could it be acid reflux or ibs rather than my heart???? Any thought would be muchly appreciated. Thanks Guys

sammi
08-11-10, 22:13
I have acid reflux and I get fluttering in my chest like my hearts skips beats so scared its my heart but doc says anxiety x

Rachel.1980
09-11-10, 12:06
Thank you so much for replying, it scares the life out of me - i just don't understand all this anxiety stuff. The Heart problems seems more understandable to me and therefore my only concern right now, can't get it into my head that it could actually be something else!! Hence the counselling. I think its the rising sensation and dull neck squeeze that scares me the most with regards to the "Heart thing". I havent met anyone else with ibs, acid reflux who has this sensation, and so assume its my heart. Thanks - do you get the rising sensation and neck squeeze at any time? :shrug:

sammi
09-11-10, 12:19
I get a tightness in my chest and neck really scary sometimes I feel like me throats closing up.x

Rachel.1980
09-11-10, 12:47
thank you for taking time out to reply, really appreciate it. People look at me like im crazy when i mention this "heart" thing. Thanks.:D

sammi
09-11-10, 12:50
Same here hun especially the doctors lol. And no problem anytime x