PDA

View Full Version : Finally - I'm There

Worrier
09-11-10, 00:50
Hi all,

This is just an update to my previous post (see below):

I really just wanted to tell everybody how things have been going since I did this post called - Learning to Love Myself. When I did that post it was such a relief, almost like a burden lifted off my shoulders, I finally admitted to myself what the problem was and was able to share that on here.

I finally accept and realise now that I am worth something, and I deserve to be happy. To that end, after years of struggling with anxiety, I am finally free of all symptoms and have been for some time. I have taken charge of my life, put some things in order that I should have done a long time ago and it seems to have worked. I was using the anxiety as a crutch, a best friend, that I was afraid to let go of, because I was so used to it being there. But I did let it go and it left me in peace. I am so happy now, I can't tell you.

I have changed some things about me personally too, lost weight, changed my hair, which all contributed to making me feel so much better as a person and that in itself really helped. I am still searching for the confidence I need to make other big changes in my life, but I will get there in the end.

In 11 days I get to go to Manchester and meet-up with so many of my special friends on here, I am so excited and can't wait to hug and hold each and every one of them and tell them how much they mean to me and have helped me along the way. You all know who you are. Without all of you none of this would have been possible. I am indebted to you for your kindness, caring, understanding and love, I hope I can repay you all with lifelong friendship and the same considerations that you gave to me.

Roll on the 19th, I absolutely can't wait.

See you all soon.
Natalie xx

"Learning to Love Myself"

Hi,

Well first of all I want to say how much I love this site and all the great people I have met on here in the past 2 1/2 years. If it wasn't for you guys, I don't know where I would be (you all know who you are).

But the real reason for my post is just that I have come to the realisation that the key to my success (and leaving anxiety in the dust) is learning to love myself and that is what I am doing now.

For most of my life I have never felt good enough, always trying to please others, to make them happy, while neglecting to make myself happy. Living with those feelings, has at times, been unbearable but now I am on a new road, with renewed confidence and a sense that I now understand the key to happiness for me is learning to love myself, first and foremost and everything else will follow.

It is hard to look in the mirror and not like what you see everyday, but I am changing that. I am taking back my mental and physical well being each and every day and looking forward to the near future when I can finally hold my head up high, be proud of who I am in every aspect and be confident in everything.

It all started a couple of weeks ago, when I found the quote at the bottom of my post - I realise now I have been sitting in the storm for the longest time and it never left me, well now I am going to learn to dance in the rain.

It feels so good to be able to finally come to this point. Life passes by so quickly and I want to make the most of the rest of my life. I am setting myself goals everyday and will attain them. This is something that nobody else can help me with, this is a journey that only I can take. I have always been everybody else's rock and now I am going to do this for me, and me alone.

I am excited as I know this will only lead to better things. Who knows what the future holds, but I am determined to make it as anxiety free as possible, stop worrying about the small stuff, do what makes me happy and make the most of it. Enough time has been wasted, worrying, fretting, being self-destructive, its time to stop it and move on.

I hope others can relate to this and take some comfort that once you find the motivation, anything is possible.

I am very happy today and proud of myself for what I have already achieved, albeit baby steps, but its progress.

Again, thank you to all the lovely peeps on here and roll on November when I can meet you all in Manchester.

Take care
Natalie x

RichW
09-11-10, 02:51
Hi Nat

I'm so very happy for you. I wish I was coming to Manchester as well. Have several large one's for me!

Lots of love

Rich

P.S. And don't do anything I wouldn't do - which pretty much leaves it wide open.

Worrier
09-11-10, 03:06
I wish you were coming too, my feet are killing me lmao.

It will be great maybe we should try and call you if the time difference would allow, what do u think?? Let me know.

leo05
09-11-10, 03:12
wow nats, glad to see that you are doing so well, am proud of you and off how far you have come. keep up the fab progress. hope you have a blast in manchester. i cant make it but if i could i would have. so take heaps of pics please lol

hugs tc
lea xx

RichW
09-11-10, 04:53
I wish you were coming too, my feet are killing me lmao.

It will be great maybe we should try and call you if the time difference would allow, what do u think?? Let me know.

Maybe a good thing I'm not coming then, I do tend to get carried away with the foot rubs!

I would love to connect with you guys! Make it happen, I can give you my mobile number - but not here, too public... (they're watching me right now). HAHAHA.

Rich :yesyes:

paula lynne
09-11-10, 09:21
Natalie thats fantastic! Enjoy the meet-up xx:D

Dizz
09-11-10, 09:34
Hi Natalie

Being a newbie I never saw your original post... but having read that and your update I found what you had to say very inspirational and I can relate to the bit about being overweight and looking in the mirror not liking what I see.:blush:

Time for a change I think after reading that... time to buy some new clothes and have my hair done.......and LOSE SOME WEIGHT :D:winks:

A very lovely post to read :yesyes::hugs:

ladybird64
09-11-10, 10:00
What can I say? I'm gutted we can't meet but so happy at the way things have turned out for you, you deserve it.

Peace, love and huggles to you Gnatty-gnats

Birdybuttyface :hugs: