PDA

View Full Version : Friday was a good day!

apricot
07-03-04, 14:34
Hi all,

I know I haven't posted and have been a bit distant for a while, but I am beginning to feel stronger and thought I would tell you about my day on Friday.

I have had a major setback recently but Friday I really pushed myself.

I went to my first CBT meeting, they could have come to me but I said no, confront it, and I went to them. Yes, I got into the car with my partner and on the way stopped for petrol! Then he couldn't get into the right lane, so we ended up going the long way to the therapist! We got there 25 minutes early and I sat, stomach churning, wanting to go home, waiting. And I did it!!!

Nothing runs smoothly with me - read on...

Went in and met the therapist who said lets go into this room, take a seat Nicola...I looked and saw bits of dirt over the floor and chairs...then noticed the glass, all over the place...You guessed it, some toe-rag had smashed the window. Funny thing was though, the therapost didn't notice! I did.

Well it went OK, and I have to go back every friday now. I then decided to go to my mother-in-laws house, which is about a 5 min drive from the centre...I did it! (I haven't been there for about 6 months) Then I said I wanted to go and see my partners nan (she is in a nursing home after having a major stroke), so we stopped off in a big Tesco's, got some muffins, milk, Bacon, and a lovely plant for my partners nan, payed for it, spoke to the cashier about dinners we liked and then left...I did it! We carried on to the nursing home (which I have never been to because of PA's) and we turned up right in the middle of them having lunch! I stayed for 1 and a half hours...I did it!!! and then I went to pick the kids up from school!

Although I did all this with Marc, with me it doesn't matter if I have someone with me or not...if I am gonna panic, I will panic!

So although I have had a really crap couple of weeks, I am beginning to do things again!

Take care all,

Nikki:)

Turn 'what ifs' into 'I can' and you will.

sadie
07-03-04, 16:50
Hi Nikki,

Thats fantastic!!!You coped so well on Friday, you definetly should be proud of your achievements, as its so hard to pick yourself back up after a few setbacks....but YOU DID IT!!

Keep up the good work, things can only get better for you from now on.

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
07-03-04, 18:10
Nikki

There were a lot of positives in there and I am so pleased for you. Sounds like a busy time for you.

Well done you - make sure you keep doing these things and let us know the next achievement - we look forward to hearing it.

xxxx

Nicola

Rennie1989
07-03-04, 19:37
well done nikki

i know its hard, very hard and ya can prove it can be done, well done

jade

Laurie28
08-03-04, 12:33
Nikki,

That's a great a story and as you said even though your partner was there YOU did it!!!

Keep it up eh and let us know how you get on

Love
lucky

Meg
08-03-04, 18:10
Dear Nikki,

Brilliant !! Well done indeed .

Now it will be really beneficial to do it all again really soon so you have 2 great memeories to draw on in your memory bank.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...