PDA

View Full Version : help ive read hospital results

bashley
09-11-10, 08:50
Hi im so scared i had an internal vaginal scan a few weeks ago, i was crying before i had it as i was so scared of results. The radiograper was lovely and told me not to worry, and that everything seemed ok. When i left she popped results in an envelope and said give to your doctor. I thought that as everything was ok i would wait until i next see doctor, well today i thought i would just have a look at results and now i wish i had not. It said Endometrium-2 irregular fluid filled areas in cavity ? significance im so scared what does it mean am i dying with cancer please help me . I have made an appt at doctors for today and im so frightened.

Bashley:weep:

diane07
09-11-10, 08:56
I would have thought if it was anything bad the radiographer wouldn't have told you everything seems okay.

I also would have thought the results would have been emailed to your doc if it were serious too, she didn't tell you to give the results immediately to your doc, i would just go the docs today and hand them in, i am sure it really isn't anything to panic over, lets face it, these big words sound scary on docs reports but we haven't a clue what they mean and assume the worst.

I know its easier said than done but please try not to worry.

di xx

mandie
09-11-10, 09:20
Please try not to worry to much, anything serious and the doctor would of contacted you to go in, and the radiographer told you it looked ok.

It could just be a cyst?

mandie xx

bexy1970
09-11-10, 09:27
hi hun, ive had them!! it sounds like endometeriosis!!! whis is ABSOLUTLY nothing to worry about!! its just where blood goes into little cysts when you bleed, i had it bad its VERY commen xxxx

bashley
09-11-10, 09:33
Hi thank you so much for all your replies I'm off to docs this morning I just really hope its nothing serious I don't want to die. Bashley

mandie
09-11-10, 10:31
awww bashley, you not gonna die from that, it wont be bad news. let us no how you get on

:hugs: mandie xx

miggymoggy
09-11-10, 11:43
I've had endometriosis for 14 years (just had hysterectomy) but the first time i found out was when an ultrasound found an 8cm cyst on my ovary. I was terrified, but it was endometriosis, which, although it's a pain, isn't dangerous at all.
I've had loads of these cysts over the years. They only say it's irregular to say it's different from the normal cyst you get every month before it releases an egg.
Honestly, let me reassure you, it's endometriosis by the sounds of it If you want any advice , PM me.

Dahlia
09-11-10, 13:44
Let us know how you get on, Bashley x

bashley
09-11-10, 13:44
Hi I went to doctor she said it might be where my period was due as she said it was 20mm thick I'm hoping she's right I have to have a re scan in 3 months. I will still worry as I didn't like how the results were worded like 2 irregular fluid areas? Significance. My friend has terminal uterus cancer and its so awfull watching her deteriate that I'm so scared about anything to do with womans problems x

MoonlightFire
09-11-10, 13:48
Aww don't worry hon. If it was ANYTHING to worry about the radiographer would have said.

Doctor's notes always sound alarming! I had a load of xrays done on my neck, back and pelvis last year and I had a quick peek at the results...it said all sorts of bizarre things which sounded scary but turned out to be totally normal for me. They found I had very narrow spaces between some of my pelvic bones...it turned out that's just how I'm made, it's totally normal for me. Everyone will have different variations and little anomolies on any scan/xray etc but it's rarely anything to worry about. If there was anything wrong you would have been told.

Moonlight Xxxx

MoonlightFire
09-11-10, 14:04
Also...from experience I have found that our womenly bits and pieces are a law unto themselves hehe! I've had a few unexplained things happen as has my Mum.

Here are my oddities:

-Tilted back womb (making smears quite difficult :/ ). My Mum has this also.
-My periods get heavier and more painful if I've been stressed out that month and sometimes they stop and start again!
-Unusual spotting which was eventually (after many tests) put down to emotional stress and anxiety
-Pain in legs and tummy when ovulating (the Doc said that this is actually very common)
-My Mum ALWAYS gets a period after being on a plane! Even if she's only just finished her period she'll get another straight afterwards!
-I used to get a lot of discharge and still do sometimes. When I get my smear it usually gets commented on! I've had lots of tests and they've never given me a reason for it. My Mum also used to have this.
-Possible virus found on my cervix during a colposcopy. Tests for HPV were negative and my next smear was clear!

So... a lot goes on down there which can't be explained! I hope that helped reassure you a bit. We all get bizarre things wrong down there from time to time, it's a bit of a temperamental area it seems! Anyway, I'm now starting to think about my next smear and getting anxious so I'm going to stop there!

Hope it all gets sorted soon so you can get back to normal.

Moonlight Xxx