PDA

View Full Version : Worrying after X-ray

Kasper
09-11-10, 11:40
Hey folks:)

I went to have my lung x-ray taken today. The session went OK but I'm dead nervous about the result which I will get Thursday morning.

I asked the radiographer if my pictures was ok but she wouldn't comment on that as she is not a doctor. This, of course, jump started my anxiety as I assume that it means that my pictures where bad and I have lung cancer:weep: However, my rational side says that the radiographer doesn't give their opinion about the pictures.

I am a 23 year old male who has been a social smoker but quitted a month ago. I have a slight cough in the morning and also get it when I exercise, however, I don't cough otherwise during the day and I don't Wheeze.

It would really be great with some reassurance from you guys as I am dead scared of dying of lung cancer:weep:

Thanks in advance and :bighug1: to you all :)

Best
-Kasper

westofengland
09-11-10, 14:45
It might be fine, it might not - what can you do now?

Chances are it will be fine (I am also awaiting result of mine)

But the more you need reassurance from other people, the worst your Health Anxiety will get

"My solutions are the problem" - a good tip

There is no reason to think you have lung cancer, you could have it, or you could have it lots of other things. Only way to know is to get the test, so well done on being brave

But even if it's OK, if you get into the habit of needing reassurance from other people every time you have a health worry, your health anxiety will always be a problem. I have MAJOR issues with reassurance, so I know it's hard

good luck

Kasper
11-11-10, 07:31
Hey folks

I just had my x-ray results back and they are CLEAR:D I feel so relieved now. Thanks to all of you for listening to my worries:hugs::hugs:

Best
-Kasper

pollyanna
11-11-10, 07:57
im glad it turned out fine for you :yesyes: