PDA

View Full Version : weight loss - HELP

jothenurse
09-11-10, 13:05
Since all this anxiety had started, I had lost about 20 pounds. I have since gained back about 14 pounds. But now I am having some trouble with my retina and have to go to the eye doctor today. The last week or so I haven't been eating as well because I get an upset stomach after I eat, either from the anxiety from my eye or else just the blurriness I get from my eye. I am now scared because I have lost a couple of pounds and I do not want to lose all that weight again. I am trying to tell myself that after I get this eye thing resolved, that my anxiety will go down some and I will be able to eat more again. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance.

blueangel
09-11-10, 13:11
Hi Jo

Sorry to hear you're worried about losing more weight. Unless I'm having a really, really bad time with anxiety I unfortunately tend to comfort-eat, which probably isn't very helpful! :) When I was in my late 20s, I had a particularly bad spell of HA which probably lasted about a year, and I lost a lot of weight then (over 40 pounds) and I ended up being the thinnest I've ever been, but over time it stabilised and I now spend most of my time weighing about 20 pounds more than I should.

I could donate you my 20 pounds if you like! :D

Anxious_gal
09-11-10, 13:59
You will gain it back :) i always do n i have lost up to a stone due to my anxiety , my tummy has always been sensitive to stress , it jusr knots up n i feel so sick, after undereating your body will absorbe more calories fron food, find a high calorie food you like . P

jothenurse
10-11-10, 00:29
Thanks for your replies.
I do have a small hole in my retina, so I have to go back next week to have a laser treatment. During the exam today, my heart was just pounding, so I have to figure out how to get through the laser treatment and not have a panic attack with that tachycardia.
Any ideas?

blueangel
10-11-10, 09:20
Could you take an iPod or MP3 player with you? If you're listening to music at the same time, it will help take your mind off it and will cover up the noise of equipment clattering. Also, I would have thought that laser treatment would be really quick, and probably won't take that much longer than the exam itself, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

alicegreen
10-11-10, 17:12
Hi Jo, do you still have the ativan?

If so why not take one an hour before the exam. I am sure that your doctor will prescribe a sedative to get you through this otherwise.

Good luck x

jothenurse
10-11-10, 22:35
Yes, I still take a .25mg Ativan at 6 AM and a .25 mg at noon. (The tablets are a .5mg, so am taking a small amount of it). The prescription is for one or one-half tablet, so I could always take the .5mg if I need to.