PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy spell..worried

phil06
09-11-10, 16:03
I went out a walk and came in and had a dizzy spell...I felt all woozy, and weird and almost like I would faint or not breathe...I felt the vein at the side of my head too and I'm worried I'll drop dead, or die or worry it's a brain tumour as I have been googling..all I can see is images of me being rushed off to hospital and getting worse... :weep:

Also I've been getting off balance, stumbling ect..with panic lately.

JaneC
09-11-10, 16:09
Well done for making the effort to go out Phil. Did I read that you'd not been doing that much lately? You should try to keep at it although I know it's tough, try to ease yourself into it though. Could you have had a panic attack? Doesn't sound like a brain tumour - and stay away from google! x

phil06
09-11-10, 16:11
Well done for making the effort to go out Phil. Did I read that you'd not been doing that much lately? You should try to keep at it although I know it's tough, try to ease yourself into it though. Could you have had a panic attack? Doesn't sound like a brain tumour - and stay away from google! x

Yes I had a month were I got on great, going for longer walks everytime, getting out more..but kind of been struggling the last few weeks. That's me just starting to get back into better sleep and walking more again. I've decided to book a counsellor too because it may help with my anxiety and get rid of the ocd I have.

Kerry B
10-11-10, 10:12
Hi Phil the dizzy spells you described are all part of anxiety and not a brain tumour, but well done you for going out, dont let the panic/anxiety win as you are doing well.

Anxious_gal
10-11-10, 10:54
sounds like headrush :-)
I find going from warm-cold or dark -bright , like outside to inside can make me dizzy for a few moments

phil06
11-11-10, 16:29
Update on symptoms:

*When reading a paper I sit and my head feels spinning around..
*It feels a 'sea sick' feeling.
*It's coming off tension from my head as I usually feel head pressure and I start spinning.
*Also makes me off balance, light headed, strange, woozy, panicky, faint.

I feel so annoyed with myself but I feel I need doctors...I don't want to over react but I can't stop worrying about tumours I really can't...I'm obsessed..:weep::lac:

Emz
11-11-10, 17:30
I know exactly how you feel Phil as I get it myself. I've had it lots over the past week. The day before yesterday I didn't even dare sit up to eat my dinner as I felt so dizzy and you know how it is, the more you have it, the more you think about it. I bet you find when you manage to stop thinking about it for a while it goes away?

I also know how you feel re the brain tumour. Using google doesn't help though.

Its a bit of a circle really. Your dizziness is caused by anxiety and the dizziness makes you feel anxious. Your brain is just jumping to the wrong conclusion. You are not going to die, or faint or anything. How many other times have you felt like this? and how many times has the conclusion that your brain jumped to been wrong?

phil06
12-11-10, 16:41
When I move out my seat I feel like dizzy and rock to one side and I can feel the vein pressure at my head..I find myself walking around the house on a boat/all dizzy ect..

Anybody know what's causing this? It's like my body judders and my head has lots of pressure? :blush:

LucyR
12-11-10, 17:30
Hi, I don't feel this as bad in the house, but I do when I go out and can't stand in shops or at cashpoints without thinking im going to fall over, its very unnerving indeed. I can't think of what to tell you to do about it though as I have never found the answer myself and neither it seems have other people.