PDA

View Full Version : opinions on a comment please.

evil monkey
09-11-10, 19:19
(someone expressing themselves)

shaggyowen
09-11-10, 19:31
well if your depressed or have anxiety i belive we try and look at more posative things i know i do cuz in my head i get scared it may manifest if thats the right word? so i always try use posative words this thats more of an ocd thing more than anything but a 'normal' person dosent mind saying the weather is shit i asume, dose that make sence to you hope this helped.

Lynnann
09-11-10, 19:33
I don't think her comment was reflective on you in any way, it is just a random comment that a lot of people say. Heard lots of people say it in the past .

Hope you keep up the positive attitude:)

Lynnann:flowers:

nomorepanic
09-11-10, 19:34
I would say that the weather was depressing but not think anything of it to be honest.

Nigel
09-11-10, 19:41
Hi evil monkey,

I think the woman was simply using the word ‘depressing’ as a description of the weather. Her way of agreeing that it is indeed ‘pretty yuck and wet’

Nigel

suzy-sue
09-11-10, 19:44
I say it always have ..It does make me depressed when its dark wet and cold .I dont think it was a reflection on you for a minute .I hate it when youve said it and the reply is "oh I love this time of year " I think "Well arent you the lucky one ." ............:lac: SUE X

ladybird64
09-11-10, 19:52
Hey Monkey :)

I think it's to do with us Brits and our obsession with the weather, not a comment aimed at you!

I've said exactly the same thing gawd knows how many times, I guess where the weather is concerned we aren't happy unless we're having a moan about it! :D

Rennie1989
09-11-10, 21:07
It's just a description that people use. I hear my friends on facebook complain they are depressed because of a film, or people's comments are depressing etc. I think I call weather like this depressing because weather like this week (very windy, constantly raining, very cold) makes me depressed. To be honest I'm one of those 'half-empty' moods and I still saw a sunny day as depressing.

evil monkey
09-11-10, 21:31
thanks, prob just random comment. thanks for replies. its good to be able to ask. :)

blue moon
09-11-10, 21:39
The weather here in ausat the moment is like british weather rain,rain and more rain it really depressing,folks say Queensland "Beautiful one day Perfect the next" Wrong.
Petra x

Hazel B
09-11-10, 21:45
It's just a turn of phrase to some people, those who haven't experienced depression use it lightly, they really mean it gets them down.

Don't worry that it's any reflection on you.