PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer...been referred to a clinic :(

ali29
09-11-10, 23:21
Hi,
I'm terrified, i went to the docs a couple of months back as i thought i had a lump he said it wasnt a specific lump just generally lumpier breasts, but then i decided to go back again last week for another opinion.
This doc says there is a lump and has referrred me to a breast clinic on thurs, to have scans etc. I'm only 25 by the way.
Since i saw the doc last week i've been so tired, keep going hot and sweating, feel sick, lost my appetite, feel run down...and every part of my body i keep thinking is aching and i have checked my whole body for more lumps...its driving me mad!!
My mum thinks that all the other symptoms are because i'm so worried about thurs, there anxiety symptoms but i dont think so i think its the cancer getting worse?

Kerry B
09-11-10, 23:29
Hi Ali you seem to be getting yourself in a right state because you are worrying you have cancer and the symptoms you have described are all anxiety. Please try not to worry I no its easier said than done, I am sure you have nothing to worry over else the first doctor you saw would of sent you to the hospital straight away they wouldnt of left it 2 months. you are not alone you will get plenty of support on here.
chin up. x

sammi
09-11-10, 23:46
Hello. I'm 23 and I found a lump in my breast so went to my gp who said she didn't think it was cancer but would refer me to have it checked out because you can't be too careful with lumps. Anyway I went to the clinic had it checked and the doctor told me it was a breast mouse I know funny name well that's what I thought anyway its very common in young women and they can stay forever or disapear you can get more than one or just the one anyway they are not dangerous or harmful its something to do with hormones. Can I ask is the breast painful? Or is the lump painful? Mine was. Also if you try put your finger on the lump does it move the reason I ask is because the reason its called a breast mouse is because when you try put your finger on it it moves so its like your chasing it around a bit like if you tried to catch a mouse it would run so you would be chasing it around bit of a silly explanation but this is what the breast clinic doctor told me. Try not to worry hun I know its hard I worried myself sick and it turned out to be nothing x

ali29
10-11-10, 00:07
Hiya, thanks for the replies.
All my symptoms have started as soon as i went last week, well the day after i keep panicking when i go out thinking i'm going to get ill suddenly while i'm out!
Yeah the breast did hurt, thats why i first went as it was painful. Also when i do touch that breast the lump feels painful. The doc did say the other breast was 'lumpy' too but there wasnt a prominate lump like the right one.
The thing that freaked me out was she did the referral there and then as an urgent 2 week app...which makes me think she thinks its cancer?!!!
Arghh i'm going mad thinking about it!!!!!!!

sammi
10-11-10, 00:13
I'm sure your going to be fine, it sounds simular to what I had. I'm no expert but I didn't think a cancer lump was painful to touch anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong as I might be but that's just what I thought. Please let us know how you get on. X