PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

dread
10-11-10, 00:30
Hi... so first of all, pardon the name pun!! It's actually my nickanem due to my hairstyle ... anyway...

Hello (again). I'm not sure what to say in intros...but ill keep it short as often telling people this sets me off..
I have anxiety + depression and have done for a long while now. I am on Citalopram.
I will skip the depression part for now, as my main concern is my anxiety..it plays a bigger role in my day to day life than eating, drinking or peeing! My frist serious anxiety attack, other than just shaky and crying, was about a year ago. I woke up at 5am in the midst of what I believed to be a heart attack, and I have never been so terrifified in my life. This impending sense of doom continued for 3 whole days, and has often reappeared in anxiety attacks. T begin with I had them every night, then gradually over the last year they spanned out. I have images of myself dying that appear, of my death through heart attacks, stabbing, shooting, and many other forms, which suddenyl appear in random locations. I can also "feel" my heart which is obviously some kind of illusion but nonethless I can feel it... where it is, the space around it, how it is suspended...its all very weird. It moves, swings when I roll over in bed, and i can feel it contracting and expanding. Recently I have been doing great, and not actually having attacks, despite the other issues of feeling my heart and images being present. Then last night, i consistently had to fight off an attack which took 2 hours of exhausting pacing and left me incredibly confused and feeling sick. Today is not so bad but I thought it was time to find someone else to help me believe that Im not crazy. None of my friends or relatives have this problem, and despite their best efforts dont really understand them.

Dreadsweet x

nomorepanic
10-11-10, 00:37
Hi dread

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

ljd
10-11-10, 01:21
hiya and welcome

paulst
10-11-10, 08:50
Hi dread :welcome:to the forum.

Kerry B
10-11-10, 09:46
:welcome: aboard you are no longer alone x

paula lynne
10-11-10, 10:05