PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Calm Brereze
10-11-10, 09:56
Hi all, I'm Mel, a 64 year old male and almost 3 weeks ago I had a heart pacemaker fitted.

I have always been a very anxious person but since this Op my anxiety has got much worse, and I have ended up in A&E several times only to be told everything physically is ok, and that it was anxiety.

My doctor started me on anti depressants 2 weeks ago and said that I might get worse before I get better and that the tablets could take 2-6 weeks to kick in.

Most of the symptoms I am learning to cope with, but one that worries me is a sort of feeling of heat spreading through my body from my stomach, all the way into the whole of my back and up to the shoulders. Does anyone else get this, or does anyone know if this is an anxiety symptom or a reaction to the tablets, even though I have been taking them for 2 weeks now.

Incidently, I don't get this symptom every day, but I did get it yesterday even though I didn't think I was anxious at the time, or thinking about anything. It normally lasts between 30 seconds to a minute, with no other symptoms.

Thanks for any help.

Mel

nomorepanic
10-11-10, 10:00
Hi Calm Brereze

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Kerry B
10-11-10, 10:03
:welcome: aboard you are never alone x

paula lynne
10-11-10, 10:04
Hi Mel, welcome x Its nice to know you x:welcome:

margaret jones
10-11-10, 10:04
Mel Hi like you I had a Pacemaker fitted for Bradycardia at 64 that was 22 mnths ago and wow did it set my panic/anxiety into full blown mode unfourtunatly I was unable for a few mnths to allow myself to look for some help I was nervous of Meds because of my H A so had counselling 4 mnths after the pacemaker and really with the help of NMP i have accepted the panic/anxiety and I am now on the road to recovery as i am sure you will be hang around on this site you can always PM me if you want to ask me anything about the pacemake or your panic xx

Calm Brereze
10-11-10, 15:42
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome, I really hope we can all get better together. :)

Veronica H
10-11-10, 17:52
:welcome:to NMP Mel.

Veronicax

Vanilla Sky
10-11-10, 21:10
Hi Mel and a warm welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x