PDA

View Full Version : My Grandad Died :-(

Kell
10-11-10, 10:53
My grandad died yesterday & I am worried that it is going to set me back. I had been gradually feeling better.

I have been very emotional since I found out last night & I didn't sleep a wink. I feel terrible for my nana & for my dad & aunty.

I wish I could be stronger.

Kel
x

diane07
10-11-10, 10:56
Kel,

I am so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

di x

paula lynne
10-11-10, 11:12
Hi Kel, Im so so sorry about your grandad love x
You will all get through it, stick together and be there for each other.
You may feel anxiety etc coming back, but its a normal reaction to grief, you will get through it ok.
Take care of yourself, my thoughts are with you xxxxx

Vanilla Sky
10-11-10, 11:30
I am so sorry for your loss . You are stronger than you realise hun
Love and hugs to you
:hugs:
Paige xx

mandie
10-11-10, 11:32
Hi

I am sorry to hear your sad news

Its normal to feel anxious at times like this

:hugs:xx

caz1625
10-11-10, 11:43
So sorry to hear about your grandad.

You'll get through it.............I thought I would fall apart when my mum died but you get strength from somewhere.

Take care :hugs:

Carol xx

sammi
10-11-10, 11:46
So sorry to hear about you grandad :hugs: to you and your family x

Rach J
10-11-10, 11:51
So sorry for your sad loss.

It is hard but you will get through it, just try and remember all the good times and make sure you let your thoughts and emotions out when you can, don't bottle them up.

margaret jones
10-11-10, 13:28
Kel sorry to hear of the sad loss of your grandad you will be ok hun try not to think negative
thoughts thing of all the good times with your Grandad lol Take Care

Maggie

Kell
10-11-10, 15:26
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I do feel very guilty that I didn't see him as often as I should have. I intend to make more of an effort from now on with my nana. I guess I can't change what's been & gone but I can change things going forward

x

Nigel
10-11-10, 17:14
Hi Kell,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandad. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

You’ll probably find yourself experiencing just about every emotion going at one time or another – grief often happens like that – so it’s quite possible that anxiety will be amongst them. That doesn’t mean it’s a set-back though. If it should happen, it’s just an exceptional and understandable reaction to exceptional circumstances, that’s all.

It’s true what others have said – we’re all stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

Take care :hugs:
Nigel

jothenurse
10-11-10, 22:51
I'm sorry about your loss. I lost my Mom a couple of months ago. Sometimes it is hard to tell what is grief and what is anxiety. You will work through this. Stay strong.

ljd
10-11-10, 22:57
I am so sorry to hear this, bereavement does set us back a bit but you can get help for it and dont keep ur feeling to urself tc