PDA

View Full Version : I dont know whats happening to me?

Fluke1993
10-11-10, 15:33
For nearly a month and 1 week, i have been dealing with feelings of unreality. It started with a foggy head, couldn't think straight, felt strange. Now its intensified to what i believe to be depersonalization :(. I have suffered from panic attacks for over a year now, but this is new i am i cant take it anymore :(. Im scared. I wake up and nothing feels real.

Then i was mortified to read theres no cure :(. I dont want to be like this forever. I had a huge panic attack yesterday, i was getting ready to die. Im only 17 and i dont want this anymore. It feels like im loosing touch with reality...I'm scared ill never be myself again. I go through a poroid each day for about 3 hours where i feel like myself, but the rest of the day it feels kinda like a dream.

Am i stuck like this forever? :(. Ive got a doctors appointment for friday, and im going to discuss it with a doctor. But im so scared im loosing my mind. I wake up having nightmares in the night. When i walk around the street im constantly checking to see if my hearts still beating. Will this ever go away? If i get rid of the anxiety will this go? :( I feel so depressed. I just want to connect with my family and things around me and i cant.

gypsywomen
10-11-10, 15:39
the answer is yes you will get better, with the right treatment ,, i think most people have felt like you do now ,,tell your doctor everything he will be able to help ,,

Fluke1993
10-11-10, 15:41
Thanks. Yes i hope so, i just read online people have been suffering this for years. Its so disturbing i hate it. Ive tried facing it and ignoring it but i keep bursting into tears.

ems43
11-11-10, 19:04
it truley is a horrible symptom of anxiety, but it really is just that. I had this before at about your age and overcame it by just ignoring it and then suddenly i realised it wasn't there anymore. I am strugglig with it again myself now but no deep down that it will pass as it did before! Try and avoid reading things on the internet about it as the people who write on dp forums often become so entrenched in thinking about it/ focusing on it that they never really allow themselves to recover and are just stuck in constant analysis of the condition. Much easier said than done but definetly is the answer... though my heart goes out to you as it is horrible. I just brought something called the DP Manual which is quite helpful, may be worth looking at. You will not have this forever, it is just a symptom of anxiety xxx

diane07
11-11-10, 19:11
I found the fastest cure for this is not to feel fear from it.

I first had this 21 years ago and had it for a long time, back then there were no sites and the docs weren't clued up either, so i didn't even know what it was and it took me a long time to get over.

The second time i got it was 2 and a half years ago when agoraphobia dragged itself into my life, however, i knew exactly what it was, and all i did was to accept it and not fear it, as fast as it came it left me, and haven't had it since.

I don't mean to make it sound so simple as i know how scary and horrible them feelings are, but do remember they are just feelings so please don't fear it, and it will eventually leave you.

di xx

BasilCat
11-11-10, 19:29
Hi there, As Di says, The best way to deal with this is to not be scared of it. And like Di, I have suffered with this too on several occasions over the years so I know how scary it is. But if you read the link I have left for you, you will see what its about and it will take some of the fear out of it for you. The other thing is, you are NOT losing your mind and you WILL get over this with the right help.

Take Care

Shirl

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/depersonalisation_and_derealisation.html

phil06
11-11-10, 20:32
http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/depersonalisation_and_derealisation.html

Thanks that's a good link on that. Just seen this thread and yes I agree what it says there the fear keeps it going. Sometimes I can get great relief and it eases on the forum and when I go off, start to worry again.

And unreality/DP is probably one of the worst symptoms of anxiety. I have suffered it extreme but had it in brief spells before. I can certainly say the more it worries you, worse it feels.

I once read on a forum the key to recovery was "to forget". Wish I could do that myself right now.