PDA

View Full Version : pain always in the same place??

dizzydaisy
10-11-10, 15:39
I have for the last year had a pain, under my right ribs, it feels like a stitch pain sometimes it aches. My doctor suspected gallstones so sent me for an ultra sound scan which showed no gallstones but the starting of a fatty liver, which she said would not cause pain or discomfort. This was over a year ago and I have not been back to my doctors for this problem. I am now so paranoid about this pain that it is almost on my mind constantly. If its not there Im waiting for it to start, how stupid am I...
I have convinced myself I have liver cancer and its spread, the worry is so great that its affecting my whole life. I have an appointment to see my doctor friday. I cannot believe that this pain, there for so long, in the same place can be anxiety, I do have ibs but this pain is different. My best friend died of liver cancer in 2003 and its so playing on my mind. Oh what I would do to be free of HA for just a day.

stacy1912
21-12-10, 09:56
Hiya

I am sorry that nobody has replied to your message! I have been diagnosed with a fatty liver (nice title!!) last week and I also get pain and discomfort around the liver.

I am sure that if a tumour was there or anything else the ultra sound would have shown it. Fatty liver is by all accounts reversible and I have felt a difference in a few days of eating more fruit and veg.

Try not to worry (coming from me is hilarious!!)

Take care

dizzydaisy
21-12-10, 15:26
Hi and thanks for replying. I did go and see the doctor and she has done some more blood tests and I have an appointment to see a gastroenterologist on the 11th january. Im sorry to hear that you have been having problems, mine is absolutely my fault as Im over weight!!! I know I need to get my self sorted and on a diet but I just seem so deflated at the moment, cant be bothered to do anything. Its been a real bugger of a year. I gave up smoking two years ago and put on a couple of stone which I planned to lose:blush: then lost my horse, who kept me fit, and then my son in law died at a very young age, I lost my job, my uncle died and can you tell Im full of self pity:) so its been an arse of a year, Im back on anti depressants my HA has never been so bad, but Im really gonna try and pull myself together. Hope you manage to sort your liver probs out. xx

stacy1912
21-12-10, 18:37
I am sorry to hear you have had a crappy time of it, I hope life gives you a break for a while. I battle constantly with my weight and I am totally to blame for my fatty liver trouble. I just wish I could be motivated 100% and not be constantly worrying with this terrible HA. People say push the thoughts from your mind................yeah like it is that easy!! I question everything and feel reassured for a while and then WHAM back at the start and I think I am dying!! my whole life is consumed by HA and I would like it to bugger off now.

Take care and PM me anytime.

Stacy

Fingers crossed we both beat HA and heal our livers!!