PDA

View Full Version : daily anxiety symptoms

alm85
11-11-10, 09:36
does anyone else have anxiety symptoms everyday from they wake up until they go to bed? I have been getting this for months and never feel 100%. I know people have panic attacks and feel anxious in certain situations and it i
disappears again when they take themselves away from that situation but i have no real cause for my anxiety its just there 24/7 no matter what im doing.

Please help

heavenly
11-11-10, 09:44
does anyone else have anxiety symptoms everyday from they wake up until they go to bed? I have been getting this for months and never feel 100%. I know people have panic attacks and feel anxious in certain situations and it disappears again when they take themselves away from that situation but i have no real cause for my anxiety its just there 24/7 no matter what im doing.

Please help

I know how you feel, but there is a cause you are just unaware what it is at the moment. I was doing quite well, talking myself through situations and calming myself down. But for the past 2 weeks, since taking Citalopram, its sent my anxiety through the roof (unfortunate side effect to begin with) and I feel anxious from when I wake, which is mega early to around early evening and there is no tangible reason to me, why I am feeling anxious. But when I really thought about it, I am worrying that the medication won't work so it makes me anxious. So I need to start thinking positive about the medication, I saw my GP this morning, so that is my plan!

Abs79
11-11-10, 09:51
Yes, I have anxiety symptoms 24/7 and have done for months. I'm sure lots of people will say the same.

For me, before this major anxiety started just over a year ago, I always saw anxiety as something temporary with an obvious cause - if I got out of an anxiety-provoking situation, it would go away. I've found it really frightening and difficult to understand why I still have the symptoms when there's no reason for it - so I can't remove myself from the situation since there isn't an obvious cause.

I think once you've become afraid of the anxiety and the symptoms themselves, it just gets worse and worse, because you're anxious about feeling anxious. Very quickly, feeling anxious itself becomes the anxiety-provoking situation - which is impossible to escape!