PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get this and also have they found anything that helps? Burning

janine07
11-11-10, 15:50
Hi for a while now i've been getting a burning sensation in my gut it usally happens at night. I seem to wake up in the night about 1am with this burning feeling and it usally gets worse when i worry about it. Does anyone get this and if so do they know of anything that could help? x

PokerFace
11-11-10, 16:56
Could it be your stomache acid? If so, drinking a glass of milk before bed would help a lot, not eating just before bed too I think? You can get acid/indgestion tablets too! :) xx

Oh edit: I get something like this too but it's in my chest x

nomorepanic
11-11-10, 16:57
acid indigestion I would say

Hazel B
11-11-10, 17:32
Hi, I had this from April this year, from about midnight to 2am. I thought it was indigestion at first but after 2 weeks saw my GP. Had lots of tests and scans, was initially treated for an ulcer then finally in August was diagnosed with gallstones. The pain is very bad after eating fatty food.

You may have indigestion, but after 2 weeks and if antacids don't help, I would advise to see your doc just to make sure. Anxiety and stress can also give you tummy pain.

janine07
11-11-10, 17:35
thank you I'm hoping that it's just to much acid being produced but i think i will go to my gp if it keeps happening.
x

Hazel B
11-11-10, 17:51
I'm sure it's acid and maybe trapped wind, they can be very painful.

I didn't mean to worry you, just take care of yourself and get medical advice if it goes on longer. They can prescribe better antacids that have slow release.

janine07
11-11-10, 19:35
Thats ok i would rather someone who was honest. Thanks I did not no you could get slow release antacids.x