PDA

View Full Version : can anxiety cause itchy mouth and throat?

allergyphobia
11-11-10, 16:16
i suffer from fairly bad environmental allergies e.g. pollen, dust etc... i have some food allergies too...but my question to you is... can anxiety mimic or heighten these symptoms. for the first summer ever, i had a constantly itchy/furry-feeling mouth the whole summer, and so i put it down to pollen. but for example i went to a football match last night and felt a little out of my comfort zone and the feel returned. it can come on when i am out of my comfort zone or when i am feeling normal... it's not oral thrust as there is no coating etc on my tongue... just fuzzy/furry/itchy tingly feeling on tongue and down throat.

answers on a postcard please...! x

diane07
11-11-10, 16:38
I get that too and have no idea why, i have it today.

allergyphobia
11-11-10, 16:46
i can't figure out if it might be when i don't drink enough water? have you noticed any link? glad to know i'm not alone, though sorry to hear you're suffering too x

diane07
11-11-10, 17:32
I go through phases of having it, i put mine down to an allergy, of what? i have no idea.

I can be absolutely okay one minute and the next minute, it feels mad, tingly, kind of itchy all over my mouth, i do find however if i take an antihistamine it calms down slightly.

Its a weird feeling, i call it tetchy as i have no other word to describe it, sometimes like now it is burning slightly, but i put that down to my BMS which is caused by anxiety.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

di x

allergyphobia
11-11-10, 18:48
what is your BMS? yeah that is what mine is like. mine sort of burns sometimes but mostly kinda feels coated, furry itchy tingly, i don't know it is so strange!! maybe i just never noticed it before anxiety... x

diane07
11-11-10, 18:57
This hun.

http://www.nidcr.nih.gov/OralHealth/Topics/Burning/BurningMouthSyndrome.htm

allergyphobia
12-11-10, 15:52
ohh i see....

got it again now :'(

Dahlia
12-11-10, 16:38
Have you tried taking an anti-histamine, AllergyPhobia? Just to see if that stops it?

allergyphobia
22-11-10, 14:12
i have to take an anti histamine daily, but it still happens when i'm on them... :s