PDA

View Full Version : hi :)

lyns
11-11-10, 17:55
hi there, i'm new to the site my name is lynne and i'm 27 yrs old. I have been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks on and off for nearly 6 yrs now,although ive been at my worst for around 2yrs. Hoping to chat to people who are in the same sutiation :)

nomorepanic
11-11-10, 17:57
Hi lyns

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

recoil
11-11-10, 17:59
hi and :welcome: to nmp

sugarplums
11-11-10, 17:59
:welcome: hi lyns, this is a really supportive site, im still quite new myself but i have found it really helpful.
i have anxiety and panic attacks on and off too, xx

x0xrachx0x
11-11-10, 20:07
hi lyns

welcome to nmp, i suffer from anxiety too, have done for the last few months and am now on meds and have been for 2 weeks now. not really helped yet but still early days. met some realy supportive people on here and been given some great advice so hopefully you will find the same. are you on any meds? xxx

lyns
11-11-10, 20:28
hi eveyone thankyou for your replies i've been looking at other post's an this looks like a great site for people to get advise/support etc..:) I'm going through a rough patch at the moment i've never let my panic stop me from getting out and about but lately a have this fear of going out an would much rather stay in which is not like me, i had the worst panic attack ive ever had while being out a few weeks ago and think thats done it for me .

hi x0xrachx0x yes i'm on meds,my doctor is trying to wean me off chlordiazapoxide which i have been on since march, im also on 300mg of trazadone at night which has stopped most of my panic attacks during the night, before all this i was on 60mg of citalapram + diazapam which didnt really work for me. Hoping i can at least get off the chlordiazapoxide. Going swimming really helps my anxiety really need to get back into it just soo busy with the children. lynne x :)

x0xrachx0x
11-11-10, 20:43
hi eveyone thankyou for your replies i've been looking at other post's an this looks like a great site for people to get advise/support etc..:) I'm going through a rough patch at the moment i've never let my panic stop me from getting out and about but lately a have this fear of going out an would much rather stay in which is not like me, i had the worst panic attack ive ever had while being out a few weeks ago and think thats done it for me .

hi x0xrachx0x yes i'm on meds,my doctor is trying to wean me off chlordiazapoxide which i have been on since march, im also on 300mg of trazadone at night which has stopped most of my panic attacks during the night, before all this i was on 60mg of citalapram + diazapam which didnt really work for me. Hoping i can at least get off the chlordiazapoxide. Going swimming really helps my anxiety really need to get back into it just soo busy with the children. lynne x :)

hi lynne,

i have been suffering from anxiety for a few months now, and also went through a stage were i didnt want to leave the house, even getting out of bed was a chore and i was beginning to get a little scared i would be house bound but i managed to get myself through that stage and managed to get out and about and slowly back to work. i am not on 20mg of cit and have been taking it for 2 weeks now. havent reallt felt like it has done much so far but i know it takes longer then 2 weeks to kick in and have had some positive days so i try to focus more on those than the bad ones. its good you have found something that helps with the anxiety, i didnt even think about swimming so may try that one out as well!

i have found this site really helpful and really supportive, everyone is so kind and its nice to no that you are not the only one going through this and can talk to people who are also going through the same thing.

if you ever wanna get anything off ya chest or just wanna chat feel free to PM me anytime, all the best :) xx

sammi
11-11-10, 20:56
Hi lynne welcome to NMP x

paulst
11-11-10, 21:38
Hi Lynne, :welcome:to the forum.

Joexgee
12-11-10, 08:21
:welcome: lyns xxx