PDA

View Full Version : Do i have anxiety? pleaseee help

charchar
11-11-10, 22:56
so last week i was at work and i got wavy lines in my eyes ever since that day i have been light headed ... it got so bad that i took myself to the emergency room where i had heart blood pressure done and i had a heart beat measure done and everthing turned out normal.... as i thought i was having a heart attack... then the doctor sent me to have a blood test where i found the next day i wasnt animic like he thought.. so ever since ive been very on edge about the possible cause of the light headedness, the wavy lines have gone .. but now im left feeling light headed generally 24/7.. i have a lump in my throat and i feel paniced when my mind isnt thinking about feeling light headed i feel normal .. but when i think about it again i feel like im spaced out, im constantly checking my heart beat to make sure its normal. im obsessed with checking my heart, i work on computers a lot and even at work im very spaced out. my concentration has gone a wall and i have completly lost my appitite im 21 and dont really have worries as such.. i have a very bad ''lump in throat feeling'' like ive swallowed something and it hasnt gone down properly. i havent had a attack as of yet. but the way i have been feeling is out of the ordinary for me, could i be experienceing anxiety? please help? how do i fix this?

shaggyowen
11-11-10, 23:09
yeh you could be but as none of us know much about you it might not, just ask your doctor hes there to diagnose you and to talk to you about things like but alot of what your feeling will be very familial to anxiety so yeh you could be dont worry to much though, and anxiety dont mean you have alot to worrie about as you make yourself worries most the time, liek me i dont have anything to really worrie about got a good gf good family and friends everything is fine just 1 of them things people get i guess, just chill out youl be fine, hope this helps =]

sammi
11-11-10, 23:14
Hi hun. You could be suffering anxiety especially if you have had all the bloodwork/tests to rule other things out. Maybe visit your gp he/she would be able to tell you also if it is anxiety your gp will be able to give you the right help whether it be with meds/councelling/cbt. The lovely people here will also be able to help you even if its just to let you know your not alone in this. Good luck x

Dahlia
11-11-10, 23:33
Hey Charchar

It sounds to me (a layman!) that you got the wavy lines and faintness for some (unknown) reason, and since then have got into an anxiety loop, worrying you might get it again, checking constantly etc.

Lump in throat and light headedness are symptoms of anxiety - so your anxiety is possibly manufacturing your original frightening symptom, hence the loop.

My mum got wavy lines the other day, and went to the optician in her lunch break. The optician said it was probably the precursor to a migraine - but it didn't develop into a full blown migraine with headache etc (which apparently they don't always do). My mum is prone to migraines anyway, so it made sense.

I'm not a doc, obviously, so just some thoughts.