PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Vonnie
11-11-10, 23:47
Hello everyone.
My name is Yvonne (Vonnie) and I have had a BIG problem with panic attacks in cars since I was about 4 years old. I am now 60 and as you can imagine these panic attacks have ruined my life.

The feeling I get is like being in a roller coaster. I get a very sudden rush and falling feeling in my stomach and I just want the car to stop.
I get so bad that I have been known to open the car door while my poor husband has been driving on the motorway.

My GP has tried me on Oxazepam which don`t seem to be working, and I have also seen Psychiatrists and Psycologists (SP?). the only things that have worked for me are Diazepam but my GP won`t prescribe them any more.

I am at the end of my tether now and I`m desperate for some help.

Vonnie

diane07
11-11-10, 23:48
Hi Vonnie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

JaneC
11-11-10, 23:48
:welcome: Vonnie, sorry you've had problems for so long. Hope you find being on NMP helpful x

daybyday
11-11-10, 23:56
:welcome:

paula lynne
12-11-10, 10:03
Hi Vonnie, a blated welcome to you x You will find lots of support and good advice here x:welcome:

arsenal123
12-11-10, 18:00
:welcome:

recoil
12-11-10, 18:08
hi and :welcome: to nmp :bighug1: