PDA

View Full Version : For those on Benzo's (valium/xanax etc)

chop
16-03-06, 05:08
Have a look at this page. A lot of info about them all! Good read etc.

http://web4health.info/en/answers/bio-benzo-overview.htm

The equivalent dosages are VERY interesting. Some people on xanax etc taking a lot as prescribed might be taking the equivalent of up to well over 100mg of valium a day! Yes.... thats right. Anyway have a read if interested.

P.S. I am on very small dose of valium most days and it is one of the only things that helped me apart from exercise and ssri helped a bit.

I chose valium due to the long half life effect and helps GAD most because of this but the xanax more easily addictive would help panic attacks more I guess due to the rapid onset of it. (valium is slower to act but lasts longer)

Exercise most (which I cant do now)
Valium next
SSRi lastly but does help (helps the depression also)

Cheers
Chop

Learning to under react

Southern_Belle
17-03-06, 12:44
Chop

What's your opinion on klonopin? It has a real long shelf life, it stays in your system for two weeks if you go off of it. I'm only on 1 mg a day, I split it into quarters, take it 4 times a day, if needed, which is most of the time. It really help relieve not only anxiety but the pain in my shoulders and neck from tension and fibromyalgia. I tried xanax but could really feel it going out of my system fast. Just wondered what you thought...

Bel

chop
17-03-06, 13:25
Im no expert but 1mg is equivalent aprox to 20mg of valium a day.

Your half life of med is 18-50 hours
Valium is 20-100 hours

I prefer the longer acting benzos from what I have read but it really depends upon a lot of factors.

Valium in one regard is good because when coming off it, you can break it down all the way to 0.5mg or less which would be like breaking klonipin into 20 pieces lol.

Anyway, just my opinion.

CHeers
Chop

P.S. Ill talk to you on the chatroom soon..

Learning to under react

Southern_Belle
17-03-06, 15:10
Chop,

Thanks for the website, very informative. Yes 20 pieces would be difficult lol. Yes, we will talk later.

Bel