PDA

View Full Version : Just to say Hi

KatieBel
12-11-10, 11:49
Just wanted to say to everyone. Wish I had found this site years ago. I first had a panic attack wheb I was about nineteen. Was absolutely petrified but manage to get it under control within a few months. Since then I have had a few spells of anxiety, most noteably whenever I'm run down. This was particularly bad when I had my son. I have had a bad couple of years. Two years ago my husband left me with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I then found out he hadn't been paying the bills and I was evicted. And also my father was dying of cancer at the time. I kept going and going but over the past few months it has come to a head and the anxiety, panic and agrophobia is unbearable. My GP has put me on Sertraline and Propranolol.....hoping they help. Anyone else on those?

nomorepanic
12-11-10, 11:50
Hi KatieBel

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

margaret jones
12-11-10, 11:53
Katie :welcome:to NMP you will get lots of help and good advice here Take Care xx

KatieBel
12-11-10, 12:03
Thanks Margaret...trying everythin now to get better. Waiting for an appointment with a consellor as well as the meds. Just don't want to feel scared all the time anymore!

Vanilla Sky
12-11-10, 12:08
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

recoil
12-11-10, 13:00
hi and :welcome: to nmp

paula lynne
12-11-10, 13:26
Welcome hun, all the best with your councelling xx:welcome:

heavenly
12-11-10, 13:27
My GP has put me on Sertraline and Propranolol.....hoping they help. Anyone else on those?

Hi there, there is a Sertraline board on here. :)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Plenty of people post on there, you may find it some help. Welcome to NMP, its a great place for support. x

eternally optimistic
12-11-10, 13:36
Hi yah Katie

Glad you found the site, you'll realise you are not alone with your anxiety.

You sound like youve had a tough time.

You are starting your road to recovery by coming on here.

Good luck with the future :)

Smile :)
12-11-10, 16:07
Hi Katie

:welcome: You will find loads of support here and it's amazing to know you'r not suffering alone xxx