PDA

View Full Version : Is there an end to this?

SJM13
12-11-10, 11:49
I have been on Citalopram for 9 days now. Feeling increasingly panicky and anxious.
:scared15:
Started it as I have been having panic attacks when i had to do presentations at work. The sheer terror I feel has led me to feeling depressed and useless. I have been off work for 2 weeks now and my colleagues are really understanding as I work in a small team of health professionals.

I am desperate to get back to work and function normally. I used to be a confident, productive and able person. Now I feel that I will never get back to that person I was.

I feel anxious about any social situation, even to the extent of my good friend coming round yesterday and I felt in an anxious, agitated state for hours before she turned up. Once she was there for a while I felt good talking to her. Now I am anxious about my sister-in-law coming round at the weekend as she will notice something is wrong with me. I seem to go straight on to the next thing I can be anxious about, it's totally exhusting!

I have been referred for CBT but that will not start until January. I have also booked some hypnotherapy which starts next Friday. Very expensive, can't really afford it but I am desperate:weep:

Do you think the Cit has heightened my anxiety? I also don't know whether to go back to work on Monday, whether it will make me worse or am I just using avoidance? Please help!

suzy-sue
12-11-10, 14:01
The medication can cause increased anxiety for about 3 weeks ..It will settle down .If after 4-6 weeks you find you arent feeling much better you will need an increase in your dose .The side effects will not be as bad ,but this too will take 4-6 weeks to feel the full benefit .Dont be hard on yourself as its just the side effects ,it will help to keep busy but dont expect too much from yourself for now .See how you feel next week ,maybe you could try to go into work for a few hours instead of a full day until you feel able to cope better .? Hang in there it will get better so stay positive and get plenty of sleep .T/c Sue x

suzy-sue
12-11-10, 14:05
There is a sub forum for Citalopram further down the page .You will find others who are experiencing the same as you .You may find this helpful . t/c sue x