PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum....

blondeangel
16-03-06, 07:23
I have been diagnoed with PD (panic disorder), but I now for a fact that I hae some OCD...but I don't think it is acute. Since I was a child I was obessesed with rearranging my room at least once a month...and I would draw up plan s on how I woudl move my stuff aroud my room. I have always been preoccupied with symmmetry and arrranging...I remember kids making fun of me in grade school because I would line up my pencil and book and stuff...I still do. I take products from behind,,,,not from the front and if it is a cashier that has to take it... i feeel anxiety....I don't like tkaing things from the front...i also have a habit of keeping things straight..lke pictures....I make sure all my pictures ane perfectly straight....and other things...but it can get really annoying...especially when I am in a videio store....i stat pushing videos in that are not straight...hlaf he time I can stop myself...but somtimes I can't.....I often rearrange the coffeee table stuff to be how I wat it,,,especially the remotes..they neeed to be in line...and the volume needs to be an even number....and my fiance keeps putting it on uneven numbers. I have these weird querks...not too bad I guess...But sometimes I annoy myself. I know my OCD is not severe,,,but it can be annoying....I don't think I am looking for answers...I jus need to talk. i am sure there are people that read this and understand where I am coming from. I mainly suffer from PD...never been diagnosed with OCD...but i know I have it i mild form...but even so....It is annoyig....and i would like to be rid of these stupid obesssions and compulsions....I don't think I have ever felt "normal" in my entire life.

vernon
16-03-06, 11:33
i Blonde angel and welcome. I suffer mainly anxiety, Phobias on and off and health anxiety. I think most people even them without any problems have slight OCD. When I just read your post I could relate to just about all you said, even though I don’t consider I have ocd I have to close drawers that are open a little at home or when at other peoples places, same as you said to about video shops etc I always seem to tidy up lol even at the library I put books straight. The worst thing I seem to do is, on the bottom of the stairs there is a two way light switch operating lights up and down and some times I put light on then go up and put it off just so both switches are the same both up or both down I cant leave one up and one down. the other is counting stairs, I take steps in twos and threes so I don’t have an odd count when I get to the top of the stairs, My middle son is much worst than me his room has to be really in order, remotes straight, shoes straight and all ornaments and pics just the way he wants them and if we slightly move anything when he is out he knows right away when he comes home. But as you say I don’t think any of these things even though it sounds a lot is anything to worry about, I think most people have some things. I did at one time start to worry how obsessed I was with light switches and forced myself over and over to stop this which I did. It’s normal for child type OCD like don’t walk on cracks in the pavement etc but most just grow out of this. There are lots of good books on OCD that might help you break some of these habits if it is worrying you as I think it’s better to break some than add to the list and chance getting OCD bad? (Like stop it before it starts). Anyway there are lots on this site with ocd and panic so you will get lots of help and support here. Hope you feel better soon. Vernon

dawnym
28-03-06, 08:49
I am the same in lots of ways,everything I do is a milatary operation,if I am ironing it usually takes me longer to organise my work area than it does to do the ironing,:Doh and everyone in my house has certain coloured hangers and it drives me mad if there is a hanger in that does not belong.
I spend most day's organising and arranging things into order.
Having three children my life is taken up by cleaning.
My youngest son (5) seems to be picking up some of my obsessions while waiting for his tea I saw him wipe the table put his napkin down then make sure it was inline with the edge of the table line his knife and fork then sit and wait.
I was facinated to watch him and thought he gets more like me everyday
xxxxxxxxxx

Kavinius
29-03-06, 00:28
Hi I was diagnosed with OCD about three years ago, although I have known that I have had it for many, many years. It started when I was about seven and now Im 38. It started with straightening things and order , repeating things and having supertious thoughts that if I did not conduct these things then something bad would gappen to those that I love. This had got worse and has changed over the years. My compulsions are not too bad in that i can live with them but the intrusive thoughts that people that i love are destrying my life. My relationship had just ended as a consequence of the fear that my partner was going to die. I feel like I am cursed and sometimes life does not seem worth living although I am generally an optimistic person the secondary depression that I experience is destrying me.

Sally xxxxx