PDA

View Full Version : Period type pains and peeing loads

Cat80
12-11-10, 16:25
My symptoms have been going on for months, some much longer. I have period type pains on and off all month round, both my boobs have been really tender and sore, I am peeing loads despite not drinking much, my period pains have been much worse lately but my periods have gone much lighter (am on the pill because of bad periods). I also have been getting stabbing pains low down on the right since last year (worried it's a cyst but won't mention it). My depression has been back for about 6 months really bad and I seem to have permanant all month round PMT symptoms, I am snappy, weepy, cannot stop eating junk food, really tired etc.

I've not mentioned it to my Dr as I hate going as it is. I had a blood test a few months back for something else and everything was normal.

Cat80
12-11-10, 17:18
I'm not constipated but I do have IBS.

I guess I am just worried as all my symptoms are like permanant hormonal ones, even thought maybe I was menopausal, highly unlikely at 30 but just feel like I have permanent pms.

Jo3016
12-11-10, 17:40
Hi

I have suffered hormonally for years and was put on the pill at the end of last year to sort out irregular bleeding etc. The pill has sorted this completely but I do get PMT, bad period pains and really achy breasts about 10 days before I am due on. This surprised me as I thought the pill would get rid of these things!!

I have also suffered with thrush and cysts more since being on the pill!! (I think I have vulva cancer at the moment - I always tend to go for the rarer cancers!!).

My point is, the pill replaces one lot of hormones for another which can cause just as many problems if not more. I don't know how long you have been on that type of pill but sometimes, it is worth changing it if it is no longer working for you. I know it is hard to go to the doctors sometimes but it will be worth it if you can sort this out.

Cat80
13-11-10, 11:28
Thanks Jo.

I have been on Loestrin 30 for about 3 years now and it's been the best one for me as it's finally made my periods lighter.

I just worry as these symptoms have only started this year, I just feel like I have month long pmt. Am angry, sleepy, craving junk food, tender boobs, lower back and lower abdominal pain, periods suddenly more painful but have gone really light usually.

I just worry because my sister suddenly started having problems on the pill and was diagnosed with endometriosis stage 4 (the worst stage). This only happened a year ago for her and she is now in a drug enduced menopause to try and save her fertility as she' only 28. I just worry I have the same or worse (thinking ovarian cancer at the mo).

Aussie11
13-11-10, 12:09
I also have these exact symptoms, and they just started earlier this year too. I'm 31 y.o. I had pelvic and transvaginal scan in April as I was convinced that I had ovarian cancer or at least a cyst. But the scans all came back normal. General blood tests also consistently come back normal. I also suspected that I might have endometriosis as my mum has had it really badly since she was young. But the scans didn't show this, although I think you have to have laporoscopy to really show this.

I'm on Mercilon pill, and have been on this or Microgynon for years. Thinking of maybe going off the pill for a while to see if that helps but worried periods will be painful again as they usually are when I'm off it. Periods really light for the past year too.

Also I have to go to the toilet a lot, but it doesn't feel like infection in that it doesn't really sting. Just get an urgency and feeling of fullness and need to go.

I'm not much help because the doctors haven't worked out what's wrong with me yet either, but wanted to say you're not the only one! If the doctors find out what's going on with me I'll let you know!

nineteen
13-05-11, 10:13
i think that all ur symptoms r connected with your IBS... frequent urination, backache, stomach cramps r all symptoms.

SleeplessFog
14-05-11, 04:00
Hi Cat. I just stopped taking Loestrin 24 after 4 years because I didn't like those symptoms either. I hated the "PermaPMS" as I called it.

I have been on BC for almost 8 years and Loestrin is the only one that made me crave weird food, have crazy constipation and bizarre mood swings. So I relate to some of your issues.

If it doesn't get better and continues being intolerable...I hope you check with your doctor. I made the decision to stop taking BC altogether because it is making my anxiety worse :( I wish you luck in this.

honeyp1e
14-05-11, 05:02
i think that all ur symptoms r connected with your IBS... frequent urination, backache, stomach cramps r all symptoms.

I agree with nineteen this all sounds just like IBS
I have IBS and also the same and more symptoms as you - lower abdo period type pains, needing to pee all the time :huh: i also get lower back pains & in bum,food cf constipation, tender breasts, nausea, trapped wind, bloating.... i guess all of the symptoms lol

nadiepoo
14-05-11, 22:43
have you had a checked for a urine infection like cystitis as this sound very simaler to those symtoms and you can get it by simply drinking to much tea to strong ask for your urine to be tested at doctors can only takes two minutes can be fixed easly by drinking loads of water and crambeary juice hope this helps:)