PDA

View Full Version : Blood Test Results B12

matthew
12-11-10, 17:43
Hi All,

I had my blood test results back today and I have 2000(mg?) level of B12 which has worried me as it is way above what it should be.

I go to the gym most days and I eat 6 chicken breasts per day and consume 5 additional protein shakes per day and I haven't really eaten may vegetables or many carbohydrates. I have had this diet for the past 7 years or so. The doctor thinks that this could be the cause of the high level of B12. He has advised me that he does not think there is anything to worry about. He would like me to go for a liver ultra-sound in a few weeks just to make sure everything is alright and to cut right back to a proper balanced diet.

As you can imagine, I am worried. Has anyone else ever had this high B12 problem?

I am worried that it could be the signs of something really serious

Thanks

Matt

LucyR
12-11-10, 18:20
Hi,

Well thats an awful lot of chicken breasts to consume every day! How do you manage it? Maybe trying to eat a more varied diet would help.

matthew
12-11-10, 18:23
I go to the gym more or less every day and space them out every 2.5 to 3 hours.

I hope it is just because of my diet!

LucyR
12-11-10, 18:25
Hi, Yes I would think it will because of the diet that is causing the raised level of B12.

Katie6
12-11-10, 19:53
Hi there Matthew i have the opposite problem i have a very low B12, i have B12 injections every 4 weeks and my level is very high, i have m.e as well as other stuff going on hence the regular injections, my doctor hs told me that a high level is nothing to worry about x