PDA

View Full Version : I need help

phil06
12-11-10, 17:01
I have become obsessive worrying about a brain tumour I don't want to go out. I'm convinced and feel nothing can save me from worrying and I'm ready to go to the doctors for all the answers.

It's awful..worried I won't see 25. I spent hours in google which has mounted me into extreme worry..I had a relapse of anxiety in May..sorry but It's not anxiety..It must be because I'm unwell...

I also read that if it goes undetected you are knackered anyway and it's a 14% survival..some get no symptoms..so I could be dying! :ohmy:

Edit: Noticed some of the tests forums many people get these symptoms of anxiety like dizziness, off balance, numb, eyes funny and turns out it's just anxiety maybe that is some reassurance for me?

baileys
12-11-10, 17:14
so I could be dying! :ohmy:

I could be dying too Phil, nobody knows what the future hold. Are you going to spend all your life worrying about something that happens to everybody in the end.
What answer do you want the doc to give you, he will do nothing unless he has good reason to.
Try and move on from worrying about your health and live.

phil06
12-11-10, 17:25
I could be dying too Phil, nobody knows what the future hold. Are you going to spend all your life worrying about something that happens to everybody in the end.
What answer do you want the doc to give you, he will do nothing unless he has good reason to.
Try and move on from worrying about your health and live.

My head has these negative thoughts stopping me going out:

Vulnerable, weak, risk, unwell, brain, slow, unsteady, faint, go crazy, anger, symptoms, panic, ill, hospital, tests, miserable, no future, failure, undetected, strange, this can't really be anxiety, hypochondria, housebound, danger, what if something drastic happens, what if my body stops functioning in some way, no enjoyment left due to symptoms, safer in house/toilet, scared, GOOGLE, possible conditions from symptoms, what if doctor misses something, what if I have a developing illness, what if it gets worse, if it's just anx my life has been wasted worrying, can't do normal things due to worry, give up on stuff, housebound 24/7, age, time, making things worse, feel alone, no support, too much support, heart, mind, depersonalization, seizure, bowel movements, never feel normal again, blind, leg failure, numb, over reaction, transport scary, no motivation, OCD, hand washing, chase people away...

That's my bubble cloud. :whistles::ohmy:

baileys
12-11-10, 17:41
My head has these negative thoughts stopping me going out:

Vulnerable, weak, risk, unwell, brain, slow, unsteady, faint, go crazy, anger, symptoms, panic, ill, hospital, tests, miserable, no future, failure, undetected, strange, this can't really be anxiety, hypochondria, housebound, danger, what if something drastic happens, what if my body stops functioning in some way, no enjoyment left due to symptoms, safer in house/toilet, scared, GOOGLE, possible conditions from symptoms, what if doctor misses something, what if I have a developing illness, what if it gets worse, if it's just anx my life has been wasted worrying, can't do normal things due to worry, give up on stuff, housebound 24/7, age, time, making things worse, feel alone, no support, too much support, heart, mind, depersonalization, seizure, bowel movements, never feel normal again, blind, leg failure, numb, over reaction, transport scary, no motivation, OCD, hand washing, chase people away...

That's my bubble cloud. :whistles::ohmy:
I know mate but there is only one way to free you from it all and that is to stop worrying.
Have you tried therapy.....someone to talk to to help you make sence of it all.
I just feel so sad when i read posts like yours, i just want to kick you up the arse.
I watch my son who is only a few years younger than you having the time of his life and you deserve to be doing the same.

phil06
12-11-10, 17:45
I know mate but there is only one way to free you from it all and that is to stop worrying.
Have you tried therapy.....someone to talk to to help you make sence of it all.
I just feel so sad when i read posts like yours, i just want to kick you up the arse.
I watch my son who is only a few years younger than you having the time of his life and you deserve to be doing the same.

I don't start paid for counselling until next week but even that I'm still 50/50 whether I'll get an emergency at the doctors depends how helpful therapy is.

baileys
12-11-10, 18:04
I don't start paid for counselling until next week.
Thats good:yesyes:

Anxious_gal
12-11-10, 18:23
I understand , it feels so real . Have you had a mri , if the results were good do you think it would help stop this fear ?

PanchoGoz
12-11-10, 18:42
My aunt died a week ago from breast cancer. She had the real thing Phil. If you had the real thing YOU WOULD KNOW.