PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new here and I have a question.....

*Tara*
12-11-10, 22:27
Hello, forum newbie here :blush:

I have been prescribed Propranolol today, the dosage being 40mg x 3 tablets per day.

I know for a fact that I will often forget to take my tablets, especially the middle of the day one when I am busy at work, and I wondered if this will give me unpleasant side effects? eg, my body gets used to 3 tablets a day, and then isn't happy at missing its exact usual dosage. (I have got one of those seven day tablet dispenser pots by my kitchen kettle as a reminder, but I still forget to take them when I make a cuppa!!)

Thanks in advance :D

PokerFace
12-11-10, 22:50
Welcome to NMP! :) If it's any help, I take 3x10mg propranolol a day but often forget and only end up taking 2 a day! I usally miss the night time one and I havn't noticed any side effects except my heart pounding like it used to before I started to take it. xx

*Tara*
12-11-10, 23:12
Thank you for the reply Emma :)

I'm just scared about messing around with my heart rhythms by forgetting tablets :ohmy:

x

PokerFace
12-11-10, 23:26
Oo I was scared of that too, hasn't happend to me yet though and I've messed around with them quite a lot! I've just suddenly stopped them, took 1 a week, ermm jus silly stuff really! Hope you're not as careless as me lol! Even if you do feel a little funny if you miss one at work, just keep a pack in your handbag/pocket/desk anywhere at hand really so you can take 1! You should be fine though! :) xx

*Tara*
12-11-10, 23:53
Ooh, there's someone as forgetful as me then :doh:

Thanks again x

Towers
13-11-10, 08:21
Hi,

When I first started taking my tablets I wrote a big note with the times on that I was to take them and stuck it on the wall where my tablets are. That way it kept reminding me. You could also take a note to work and put it on your desk.

Hope that helps.:)