PDA

View Full Version : Is it my imagination or is there alot of anx about Vit B lately?

Going home
13-11-10, 00:40
There seems to be alot of threads about Vitamin B deficiency, or too much of it etc, and never really saw anything about this in the year that ive been here. Does this show how suggestive we are when it comes to health anxiety, or is it just a coincidence that quite a few members have problems with Vit B just now? I've never really thought about it in this way before, but if people are posting about their symptoms on here, would that make others think they have the same...does it affect them in much the same way that Googling does do you think? :unsure:

Anna xx

nomorepanic
13-11-10, 00:47
I noticed this too and wondered where all the posts came from !

We seem to go through what I may call fads on here and this seems the latest one.

I have no idea what my levels are or if they are even tested as I have blood tests every 3 months.

May be something in it or nothing - time will tell I guess

Going home
13-11-10, 01:01
Well since seeing the various posts about it recently I must admit to reading up on it and I think the outcome was that you have to be really deficient before it affects your system...likewise if you have too much. When you get to the point that you need injections then its considered a medical issue, as Eggy has been told he may have to have. But the interesting thing for me is how much we health anxies latch onto thread symptoms, and then rush off and ask our docs to do a test and then are told its a bit low and then we freak out! Can anybody else relate to this?

Anna x :scared15:

Dahlia
13-11-10, 01:08
Well I don't have health anxiety, but after reading all the B12 posts, I'm considering asking my GP about it!

nomorepanic
13-11-10, 01:10
Ahh see so it has started something on here lol

Going home
13-11-10, 01:14
Dahlia...:) x